Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2013
AOR Received.
September 29, 2013
File Transfer...
October 18, 2013
Med's Request
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received med request on August 26th, 2014)
Med's Done....
August 27th, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received passport request on August 26th, 2014)- Moral of the story: Make sure Singapore gets your address right!! And When your status changes to "In Process" visit your post office ASAP!
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: September 25th, 2014; Visa Issued: October 12th, 2014
LANDED..........
February 7th, 2015 (God wiling)
maronvomra said:
I think you will get an idea by looking at the excel file for Singapore on the time it takes to ask for PPR after status change to "in process".
For me it was almost a month as below:
ECAS change to `In Process`: Feb 11, 2014
PP sent via VFS: Mar 13, 2014
-----------------
The PPR request came to me via registered mail as I used my address as her mailing address. But a lot of people got the PPR via email and some got even both. I didn't get any email though and not did my wife.

Hope this helps and good luck.

~Tanveer
Thank you for this information :). But I'm not understanding what you mean by "excel file for Singapore".. what excel file?

Big Jump

Sep 23, 2011
Thank you for your replies Maronvomra and Maikan.

The political turmoil in Thailand and the Junta has caused a bit of a delay in the Police Clearance and it is giving me too much time to think about the rest of the package. Overthinking and stressing and just want to send this off!!!

Sooooooooooon. Please let it be soon.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
synthesis said:
Could someone please give me an idea of how long it takes to hear back from CIC with passport request once your ecas status has changed to "In Process". I see that some of your statuses have changed after or on the day of the passport/ re-medical request. My husband's ecas has changed to "In Process" on May 23, 2014, but he has not heard back from CIC with any requests. How long does it usually take to hear back once ecas status changes to "In Process"?

Did you get the passport request/ re-medical notification by email or mail?

I would highly appreciate it if someone could give some idea regarding these matter.

Thanks!

synthesis~
Your miles may vary......but my wife got her passport request, coincidentally, on the same day as when her status changed to "In Process".

Her remedical request came via email. Her passport request (which apparently also had the remedical request) came via snail mail, delivered to her house...

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Was going to suggest that you bribe police like we did for a faster process (one week less). But with the Junta cracking down and setting things in order (mostly for the better), this option should not be attempted. :p

Saw your old posts. Congrats on almost being at the end. One question: why on earth did they interview your husband (the sponsor) and ask him such silly questions???

Big Jump said:
Thank you for your replies Maronvomra and Maikan.

The political turmoil in Thailand and the Junta has caused a bit of a delay in the Police Clearance and it is giving me too much time to think about the rest of the package. Overthinking and stressing and just want to send this off!!!

Sooooooooooon. Please let it be soon.

Maisha27

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Bangladesh
Visa Office......
SOV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
23/05/2014 ,same day status change in SCV website
Med's Done....
17/06/2014
Passport Req..
23/05/2014 and Sumit at vsf office Dhaka 22.06.2014;decision made 18.08.2014
VISA ISSUED...
14.08.2014 ;
LANDED..........
Insha-Allah 10.09.2014
synthesis said:
Could someone please give me an idea of how long it takes to hear back from CIC with passport request once your ecas status has changed to "In Process". I see that some of your statuses have changed after or on the day of the passport/ re-medical request. My husband's ecas has changed to "In Process" on May 23, 2014, but he has not heard back from CIC with any requests. How long does it usually take to hear back once ecas status changes to "In Process"?

Did you get the passport request/ re-medical notification by email or mail?

I would highly appreciate it if someone could give some idea regarding these matter.

Thanks!

synthesis~
Hi ,
My status also change same time in 23th may and they issued my re medical and passport request letter at the same day 23th of May but I got the mail in 17th June just 1 week before 30days. I got my mail late because the mail me in my adress that in canada adress so it's take time because they mail the package to singapour .thats not a problem but when the latter issued for remedical u can get 30days to do that thing .i suggest u to check ur both mailing address because if they send u the mail in ur home adress then u r running out of time.

Big Jump

Sep 23, 2011
Hello Koifish,

We debated about the bribe as well! Decided that if it is still not ready next week we will take the risk and ask if there is a 'rush delivery' fee.

We still have no idea why we had the second interview, and why they asked such strange questions. We are just thankful that we are on to the last step and don't have to think about it anymore.

It was really rough and quite confusing. They told us that for the first interview the main concerns were, the differences in our education (A little troublesome because I feel it up to me to decide what 'level of education' I find suitable in a partner. I don't judge people on the advantages or disadvantages that they have had in life.), my ability to support my sponsor in Canada (My acquired teaching degree squelched this concern), and my husband's expunged, over a decade old, criminal record. (Why on earth Thailand expunges your record without taking the offences off the record check is beyond me).

That is about all I know. Have no idea why they asked the silly questions about sleeping in the same bed in the future, and whether or not he is scared of me.

Thanks for responding.

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
synthesis said:
Thank you for this information :). But I'm not understanding what you mean by "excel file for Singapore".. what excel file?
I mean the Singapore timeline shared file in google..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnZilfOAxK_YdHF4QkxOMG5DLU5ja2FQSnMxRmVsSUE#gid=7

synthesis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2013
AOR Received.
September 29, 2013
File Transfer...
October 18, 2013
Med's Request
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received med request on August 26th, 2014)
Med's Done....
August 27th, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received passport request on August 26th, 2014)- Moral of the story: Make sure Singapore gets your address right!! And When your status changes to "In Process" visit your post office ASAP!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
maronvomra said:
I mean the Singapore timeline shared file in google..
Great thank you, this is very helpful :)

synthesis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2013
AOR Received.
September 29, 2013
File Transfer...
October 18, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 27th, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Maisha27 said:
Hi ,
My status also change same time in 23th may and they issued my re medical and passport request letter at the same day 23th of May but I got the mail in 17th June just 1 week before 30days. I got my mail late because the mail me in my adress that in canada adress so it's take time because they mail the package to singapour .thats not a problem but when the latter issued for remedical u can get 30days to do that thing .i suggest u to check ur both mailing address because if they send u the mail in ur home adress then u r running out of time.
You got it yesterday.. but they give you only 30 days from the day they issue the request (in this case May 23rd) not including travel time... That is in no way practical, since there are many factors with international mail delivery, which may cause delay. I think it's 30 days from which you recieve the request, be it email or mail. Our 30 days is nearing to an end at the end of this week so I'm not sure if we will reviece it this week or if there's a delay... whatever the case I'm really hoping my husband will hear back through email, which is much more convinient and quick. All I can do now is wait, pray and see what might expire next.

Thank you for you answer :)

synthesis~

Kamloops

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
May 12, 2014 and Status Changed to "In Process"
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent via VFS on 14 Jun 2014
How do I update my wife's mailing address to Bangladesh? I sent a case-specific email to SVO about 10 days ago but I still see the same Canadian address on her e-case. If they don't have my wife's current address in Bangladesh, they might send her passport to my Canadian address, which would be very odd.

Rosindo

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20th, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 20th, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 15th, 2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
26 February 2014. Passport arrived in Singapore 26 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 28th, 2014. Decision Made on e-CAS June 6th 2014.
Kamloops said:
How do I update my wife's mailing address to Bangladesh? I sent a case-specific email to SVO about 10 days ago but I still see the same Canadian address on her e-case. If they don't have my wife's current address in Bangladesh, they might send her passport to my Canadian address, which would be very odd.
There's an option to update mailing address that you can see when checking your wife's application status on e-CAS, you just need her UCI or immigration file number.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Rosindo said:
There's an option to update mailing address that you can see when checking your wife's application status on e-CAS, you just need her UCI or immigration file number.
If someone knows someone's file number, basic information etc., is it that easy to change the mailing address instantly on e-CAS? After all there is no password requirement to check your status.

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
Kamloops said:
The question is why you want to change the mailing address now that you already sent the PP via VFS?
Now that your wife sent her PP via VFS, all the correspondences will be through them. CIC wont send the PP to the mailing address now; they will send it to VFS. You also have the PP tracking number given by VFS right.

I also used my mailing address in Canada as hers and didn't change because I wanted the PPR documents to come to me instead of going to BD, might get lost. I just sent her the Scan copy of those documents and she filled them up and submitted to via VFS. Don't worry about that.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
maronvomra said:
The question is why you want to change the mailing address now that you already sent the PP via VFS?
Now that your wife sent her PP via VFS, all the correspondences will be through them. CIC wont send the PP to the mailing address now; they will send it to VFS. You also have the PP tracking number given by VFS right.

I also used my mailing address in Canada as hers and didn't change because I wanted the PPR documents to come to me instead of going to BD, might get lost. I just sent her the Scan copy of those documents and she filled them up and submitted to via VFS. Don't worry about that.
Make sense.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
Anyone know of someone who lost their passport when Singapore sent passport back? My tracking number with VFS shows left Singapore on June 12 and it should only take 1 day 2 max to reach Vietnam. It is now June 19 and still nothing.