+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

szhrocky

Jan 29, 2012
Hi Mirjahan, any news from Singapore yet? I sent my wife's application exactly 1 week after you and now I have the same ecas message like you. Let us keep in touch.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
szhrocky said:
Hi Mirjahan, any news from Singapore yet? I sent my wife's application exactly 1 week after you and now I have the same ecas message like you. Let us keep in touch.
Nothing yet.when all address was disappeard mine just updated missing zip code. My wife pr application started jan 16 but saw jan 19. Is it same as me you saw three days later. Hope soon ppr. Good luck keep in touch.

szhrocky

Jan 29, 2012
It says they started processing my wife's application on Jan 11th. A few days ago it was showing her home address same as the mailing address so I sent an email to Singapore to correct this......nothing from there yet.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
szhrocky said:
It says they started processing my wife's application on Jan 11th. A few days ago it was showing her home address same as the mailing address so I sent an email to Singapore to correct this......nothing from there yet.
Do you see medical result received?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
szhrocky said:
Yes.....it says medical results have been received.
What is your time line? Where is your wife live? Don't your wife yet receive PPR request? I don't know about mine what's SINVO is doing. Did you send mail to them recently?

szhrocky

Jan 29, 2012
mirjahan said:
What is your time line? Where is your wife live? Don't your wife yet receive PPR request? I don't know about mine what's SINVO is doing. Did you send mail to them recently?
Singapore received my application July 19th, 2011 and started processing January 11th, 2012. My wife is in dhaka but we are using my Canadian address as her mailing address. I sent an email to Singapore office 2 days ago but no reply from them.
Let me know as soon as you hear something.

afrosebd2002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Jul'11
File Transfer...
21 Nov'11
Med's Request
30 Sep'13
Med's Done....
09 Oct'13
Passport Req..
30 Sep'13
This is the 2nd time my address disappear from ecas. But still status show "Application received". :(
I'm dipressed can't wait anymore...............

Rob2011

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
???
afrosebd2002 said:
This is the 2nd time my address disappear from ecas. But still status show "Application received". :(
I'm dipressed can't wait anymore...............
Hi afrosebd2002,

What is your timeline?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
What can be an expected processing time for spousal sponsorship (step-2) at Singapore? I'm aware of CIC's average processing time of being 22 months for Singapore. But I heard that things slowed down nowadays. Can anyone shed some lights? Thanks.

JBH

Feb 1, 2012
hey im JB ..im new to this page ..
well i had the interview on 20th Jan in Bkk too... it took 1.45 hrs and he didnt believe that my relationship is genuine..and yesss he said the same thing that he told you at the end of interview... its pissed me off!!!

the only reason which i gave me was...my hubby has never visited me in BKK .. which i told him that "he works 2 jobs so it is very difficult to take some times off"
besides that he a bit racist cuz my hubby is blk also has 3cars n 5 bedrooms house... guess wat he said... he said " well i make money more than him but i cant afford 3cars as u kno that u have to pay the insurance too... why dont u tell him to sell one car n buy the ticket to visit u??" u kno wat that s*** pissed me offffffffff so i kept repeating "as i told you that its not bout money but time off work with these 2jobs" and then he asked bout my hubby's criminal rec. and stuffs bout with him n his ex... which i knew everything bout him n made eye contact looked straight into his eyes wit no hesitation answers ... but before he d wrapped the interview he asked for my fb password ...he took like 10 mins to look up n chk our convo n stuff .... he came up the such a laaammme question "why dont you have his pic on ur fb" i was like ..."not everyone post everything on the social network, but u supposed to c that my n his status are married, also i have my ring pics on it,, so its enough"
at the end he said "well i dont believe this relationship is genuine" .. but he will review all the informations n statements again ... and ll send the decision back to Singapore will get back to me 6-8 weeks. lets see!!!

its very pissed me offffff wit racist thing ,,, and all the proofs which i gave ,, he didnt even look u kno..

Wiggie said:
Hey guys,

My wife had her interview this past Monday (the 16th) and unfortunately we are 95% sure we are going to get a refusal. The "reasons" the officer is planning on refusing us for seem pretty weak though. We are already looking into the appeal process now as that will likely be the road we will have to go down shortly. Very upsetting.

I went with my wife to the interview of course but they didn't have any interest in interviewing me at all.

The officer's "reasons" for wanting to refuse us were mainly due to our young age and also about how we didn't have any family at our wedding ceremony. He also made up a real creative reason of how MY parents have not come to visit us here in Thailand...so random.

I have been living here with my wife ever since she had to come back from Canada by the way (which has been almost a year now) but they still somehow doubt our relationship is genuine? I am not working or studying here and I have never left the country once since arriving. What other possible reason would I move around the world and live with my wife and her family here for? We spend every single day together. Along with my passport proving this, we had an entire backpack full of proof as well.

Our proof consisted of:
hundreds of emails between my wife and my mom over the past year or so, supporting letters from family and friends from both sides of our families, letters from the tax center in Canada proving that we had been living together in Canada, student cards proving we went to the same school (where we met), hundreds of pictures of us together with the family taken throughout our relationship (almost 3 years now), cards from family addressed to both of us, Facebook printouts of mutual friends talking about our relationship, tickets to many places we have gone together, mail from my family in Canada addressed to both of us in Thailand etc...

The interview took around 30 minutes, maybe a little longer. Some of the questions he asked were When did we meet, When did we start dating, When did we get married, Why we only had 2 other people at the wedding, Why we didn't have a reception, Arrangements that have been made for us when we go back to Canada, Who were in the pictures etc...

At the end of the interview he told my wife that "on paper" our relationship doesn't look real and that he would take the new information he got from the interview back with him to Singapore and go through it again. (so pretty much means we are going to be refused)

It seems as if the officer goes into the interview already having made a decision before hand. His views seemed to be very closed minded and pretty unrealistic given all the proof we had. Speaking of proof, he didn't even bother to look at more than half of it. How can they make honest decisions without even taking into consideration ALL of the proof. Imagine if that were the way criminal cases were dealt with...quite ridiculous.

Well that's basically how our interview experience was like. I know I'm probably not including ALL the information here but I hope this gives people a better understanding of what to expect. Its no wonder why Singapore has the lowest approval rate by far if these are the reasons they refuse people despite (I think most people would agree) very strong proof.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
JBH said:
well i had the interview on 20th Jan in Bkk too... it took 1.45 hrs and he didnt believe that my relationship is genuine..and yesss he said the same thing that he told you at the end of interview... its pissed me off!!!

the only reason which i gave me was...my hubby has never visited me in BKK .. which i told him that "he works 2 jobs so it is very difficult to take some times off"
besides that he a bit racist cuz my hubby is blk also has 3cars n 5 bedrooms house... guess wat he said... he said " well i make money more than him but i cant afford 3cars as u kno that u have to pay the insurance too... why dont u tell him to sell one car n buy the ticket to visit u??" u kno wat that s*** pissed me offffffffff so i kept repeating "as i told you that its not bout money but time off work with these 2jobs" and then he asked bout my hubby's criminal rec. and stuffs bout with him n his ex... which i knew everything bout him n made eye contact looked straight into his eyes wit no hesitation answers ... but before he d wrapped the interview he asked for my fb password ...he took like 10 mins to look up n chk our convo n stuff .... he came up the such a laaammme question "why dont you have his pic on ur fb" i was like ..."not everyone post everything on the social network, but u supposed to c that my n his status are married, also i have my ring pics on it,, so its enough"
at the end he said "well i dont believe this relationship is genuine" .. but he will review all the informations n statements again ... and ll send the decision back to Singapore will get back to me 6-8 weeks. lets see!!!

its very pissed me offffff wit racist thing ,,, and all the proofs which i gave ,, he didnt even look u kno..
Horrible! am very sad to hear that, those visa officer are very mean. My husband is waiting for the second interview letter with date. And i had the chance to visit him once for 2weeks and same here. because of my work i cant take off to go another time, but i am planning on going in MAy i hope my husband interview is right after i visit him or while am over there so i can take every seconds pictures. I hope your husband will apeal the decision if you don't get the visa , don't lose hope my dear. wish u the best of luck. shiny

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
JBH said:

Could you also put the timeline of the process, it would be very useful info for us. After how many months you got the interview letter.Thanks

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
yesterday i received my PP with visa and COPR. God is awesome :-*
Singapore received my application in October and got my PPR in December. planning to fly in April.
i pray and hope that everybody will go through this complicated process without any hassle.