12-01-2011
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
03-12-2011
Hello121 said:
Hey suva, do you know approx how long to wait for visa if the interview is good?
I was reading on a different on another thread that it could take up to 2-4 months to get an answer. It should not take longer than that.

j5huynh

Oct 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
12-01-2011
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
03-12-2011
suva said:
good luck... by the way did u log on using your application no? i heard that ususally they dont give the file no unless u r extremely lucky.
Hi suva,
I logged on using my client id. Similarly, with you, I do not know my wife's visa file number. I was trying to order caips and it asked for visa file number. A few members on here said you can still order your caips with your client number and kit id if you don't have visa number.

I am really frustrated with the lack of communication from Singapore's visa office. I tried emailing the sin office twice asking for my wife's visa file number with no luck. I even tried calling which was a horrible idea. Maybe you might have better luck emailing them. A few members on here said they had success and got a reply when they emailed asking for their visa client number.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
j5huynh said:
Hi suva,
I logged on using my client id. Similarly, with you, I do not know my wife's visa file number. I was trying to order caips and it asked for visa file number. A few members on here said you can still order your caips with your client number and kit id if you don't have visa number.

I am really frustrated with the lack of communication from Singapore's visa office. I tried emailing the sin office twice asking for my wife's visa file number with no luck. I even tried calling which was a horrible idea. Maybe you might have better luck emailing them. A few members on here said they had success and got a reply when they emailed asking for their visa client number.
I think e-mail is best option. I never call them. I send an e-mail Singapore VO to know if they receive my wife CSQ certificate and they replied with my wife File No on reply subject line. I am sure if you ask them for file no they will provide. But if you ask for file status they will never reply . And call to them is not a good ideas. I hope you will get reply once you e-mail them but do not ask for file status.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
j5huynh said:
Hi suva,

hmm... the main point is they make everything very very complicated.

silenthill_ca

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suva said:
usually they take 6/7 months to fix an interview date.
As you mentioned that ,it takes 6/7 months to fix date for interview, SO the letter of interview date should arrive withing 4 months time ? Just to try to get an idea because at this point I really have no clue what to do. Anyway if you know anything about interview information please let me know. I appreciate your help.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
silenthill_ca said:
As you mentioned that ,it takes 6/7 months to fix date for interview, SO the letter of interview date should arrive withing 4 months time ? Just to try to get an idea because at this point I really have no clue what to do. Anyway if you know anything about interview information please let me know. I appreciate your help.
i am not 100% sure but one of my close relatives got a letter like your wife in september 2010. then in february 2011 she got another letter stating that her interview would be in april 2011(i cant remember the exact date)... so i am guessing that for your wife also it would be something like that.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
So if interview is needed it sounds like 6-7 months for appointment and then if okay'd another 2-4 months for visa...possibly another 8-11 months if interview is needed. :(

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
I wish and i think when Singapore Vo want an interview should take step earlier and put interview waiting list. I think its is not fair wait 9-13 months and send letter for interview list another 6-8 months wait. Waiting is a big pain.
At least we are make sure either your are on interview or not. If you send an e-mail to them to know your status they never give your answer.
Now i am in lo of confuse do they will start process soon on Dec or Jan, or do they ask for interview. I am frustrate

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
I wish and i think when Singapore Vo want an interview should take step earlier and put interview waiting list. I think its is not fair wait 9-13 months and send letter for interview list another 6-8 months wait. Waiting is a big pain.
At least we are make sure either your are on interview or not. If you send an e-mail to them to know your status they never give your answer.
Now i am in lo of confuse do they will start process soon on Dec or Jan, or do they ask for interview. I am frustrate
as i said earlier some ppl got their passport request in just 3/4 months (and they are very very very lucky)... so you never know what SG officers r doing right now. one expert from this forum told me that if the application is taking long time then its a good idea to send them something which shows you still communicate with your partner. however good luck .

ggood

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
Coquitlam, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 06 2009
File Transfer...
14 08 2009
Med's Request
02 02 2010 requested for other paper work
Med's Done....
19 04 2010 "Medical results have been received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 04 2010
VISA ISSUED...
10 05 2010
LANDED..........
13 05 2010
suva said:
as i said earlier some ppl got their passport request in just 3/4 months (and they are very very very lucky)... so you never know what SG officers r doing right now. one expert from this forum told me that if the application is taking long time then its a good idea to send them something which shows you still communicate with your partner. however good luck .
When you visit Photo's,Photo's and more Photo's with friends,family on dates or any place.... It is a job and hard to do. I send in alot in all differnt situations. It will feel like a job that you hate. But in the end it will help with the timeline.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
ggood said:
When you visit Photo's,Photo's and more Photo's with friends,family on dates or any place.... It is a job and hard to do. I send in alot in all differnt situations. It will feel like a job that you hate. But in the end it will help with the timeline.
well said...

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Hello121 said:
So if interview is needed it sounds like 6-7 months for appointment and then if okay'd another 2-4 months for visa...possibly another 8-11 months if interview is needed. :(
yeah approximately. but the problem is if after the interview they refuse then its a total disaster. waiting for 21 months just to listen 'NO' is not funny at all.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
mirjahan said:
I think e-mail is best option. I never call them. I send an e-mail Singapore VO to know if they receive my wife CSQ certificate and they replied with my wife File No on reply subject line. I am sure if you ask them for file no they will provide. But if you ask for file status they will never reply . And call to them is not a good ideas. I hope you will get reply once you e-mail them but do not ask for file status.

Awesome, Mirjahan thanks a lot for your advice. It worked for me. I was sending email to Singapore VO last 4 months to know the status about her file ,but they didn't reply. But today after reading you post , i sent another email to them asking about the visa file number and they replied within 4 hours. I am now happy and got relief from tension. They received my medical documents as well and file is awaiting review by officer, they mentioned.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
stupidrim said:
Awesome, Mirjahan thanks a lot for your advice. It worked for me. I was sending email to Singapore VO last 4 months to know the status about her file ,but they didn't reply. But today after reading you post , i sent another email to them asking about the visa file number and they replied within 4 hours. I am now happy and got relief from tension. They received my medical documents as well and file is awaiting review by officer, they mentioned.
I happy at least you get your answer. Can you tell me your time line ? I am going to ask them to know if they receive my medical report. I never see my wife medical report.
One question who did reply your mail and saying waiting for review by officer.
My first e-mail was reply by Canadian Visa, next Immigration section. Both e-mail replied with in 3-5 hours i forget.
My last e-mail took 10 days to reply and was by Immigration Officer.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
mirjahan said:
I happy at least you get your answer. Can you tell me your time line ? I am going to ask them to know if they receive my medical report. I never see my wife medical report.
One question who did reply your mail and saying waiting for review by officer.
My first e-mail was reply by Canadian Visa, next Immigration section. Both e-mail replied with in 3-5 hours i forget.
My last e-mail took 10 days to reply and was by Immigration Officer.
My timeline: I applied on March 27 ,2011. then file approved at may4th and transferred to Singapore VO. Singapore received it at May13th.
My email was replied by Canadian Visa, Immigration section. Nothing from Immigration Officer yet.
Hope it will help you to get some ideas.