Singapore timeline

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baobaowaiting said:
My wife took a photo of the letter she received form the High Commission of Canada:

Dear XXXXXXXX:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your application for a permanent resident visa is nearly complete. In order to proceed towards issuance of your permanent resident visa with minimal delay, you must follow the steps outlined below.

Note: This letter is NOT a guarantee that a permanent resident visa will be issued. Upon receipt of items requested below, a final review will be done to determine if you meet all eligibility requirements and are not inadmissible to Canada.

MEDICAL EXAMINATION:

You must undergo a medical examination. Forms and instructions are attached. You must take your passport with you when you go for the medical examination. You must complete the attached Appendix C and return it to our office with the required documents listed above.

You are also required to submit additional documents to our office. The required documents are listed below. You will want to begin preparing the documents now. Wait two weeks after completing your medical examination and all required lab tests, then submit all the documents in one envelop, together with your passport to this office.

Exception: If the Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP) advises you that further medical tests are required, do not submit your passport at this time. Please proceed to submit the other required documents, and we will request your passport once satisfactory medical results are available.

Instructions for submitting your passport....

nothing important to mention here.
Hi baobaowaiting,

When did you first submit your applicaton?

Thank you

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
For all those in this thread and there seem to be more now that are feeling the stress that this process puts on you I suggest to watch the link below at least twice.. I promise it will bring a smile to your face and lift the stress from your body even if only for a short while.. we all need a break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BDVvB7Xx1w

Warning it's overly cute ;D

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Bangkokcanuck said:
For all those in this thread and there seem to be more now that are feeling the stress that this process puts on you I suggest to watch the link below at least twice.. I promise it will bring a smile to your face and lift the stress from your body even if only for a short while.. we all need a break.

mate u r back, good to see u again :D

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bangkokcanuck said:

Thanks for make me smile Bangkokcanuck :)

baobaowaiting

Aug 11, 2011
hello-kitty said:
Hi baobaowaiting,

When did you first submit your applicaton?

Thank you
Hello,

I submitted my application to Mississauga in December 2010. The application was approved on December 20th, 2010.

The files were transferred to Singapore and received on January 20th, 2011.

They began processing our application in Singapore on August 12th 2011.

My wife received our photos and that letter last thursday (September 15th 2011) in Saigon.

Oddly enough, ECAS has not been updated yet, but I suppose that doesn't really matter right now.

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baobaowaiting said:
Hello,

I submitted my application to Mississauga in December 2010. The application was approved on December 20th, 2010.

The files were transferred to Singapore and received on January 20th, 2011.

They began processing our application in Singapore on August 12th 2011.

My wife received our photos and that letter last thursday (September 15th 2011) in Saigon.

Oddly enough, ECAS has not been updated yet, but I suppose that doesn't really matter right now.
Thank you so much Baobaowaiting ,

I wish I will have a letter to re-do medical exam soon like your wife .
I got all avidence of our relationship back in August.

I am so depress now, all of my friends got theire PRs already.

I wish your case will be finished soon :)

baobaowaiting

Aug 11, 2011
hello-kitty said:
Thank you so much Baobaowaiting ,

I wish I will have a letter to re-do medical exam soon like your wife .
I got all avidence of our relationship back in August.

I am so depress now, all of my friends got theire PRs already.

I wish your case will be finished soon :)
So the Canadian High Commission simply sent back all of your evidence, but no further requests?

I guess there isn't a standard procedure, at the top of the stack of photos, and documents, they attached the letter and forms for my wife to redo her medicals and send in her passport if the medicals were clean.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
baobaowaiting said:
So the Canadian High Commission simply sent back all of your evidence, but no further requests?

I guess there isn't a standard procedure, at the top of the stack of photos, and documents, they attached the letter and forms for my wife to redo her medicals and send in her passport if the medicals were clean.
Is your wife medial expire?

CA_SG11

Sep 13, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2014
File Transfer...
July 2015
Passport Request..
I will give you guys my details later.. Enjoying the moment first..

CA_SG11

Sep 13, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2014
File Transfer...
July 2015
Ok so here's the details.

I received a mail from CIC-SG today containing all our photos and other proof of relationship. I wonder why they don't send my original birth certificate and our marriage contract. Anyway, maybe they will keep it in records.

The letter is not an approval yet. They are requesting for my passport and a note that still they haven't received my Singapore Police Cert. Puzzled me because I called the SPCF and they said they already mailed it since September 12 (CIC Letter is Dated 16 Sept 2011). I'm wondering if they have received it or not. I will call SG police tomorrow cause I'm guessing I can't make any phone inquiries to CIC-SG. Worst comes to worst I need to apply for duplicate copy.

Will send the passport tomorrow and will self collect if the visa is ready. Residence of SG needs a processing of 2 weeks for the visa.

Anybody please answer me. At this point that I have a PPR, do you think my interview is waived?

Here's my timeline :

Submitted Application: 09 Feb 2011
Approval of Sponsorship: 09 March 2011
Application Received in SG: 17 March 2011
In-Process: 17 July 2011
Additional Documents Requested: 19 August 2011 (Singapore Police COC)
Additional Document Submitted: 12 Sept 2011
Paid RPRF : 08 Sept 2011 (I don't wait for their request)
Medical Received: 12 Sept 2011
Passport Request: 16 Sept 2011 (Pending Police Cert, PP and PP size ID)

Good luck to everyone. I happy and anxious at the same time. Keep ourselves busy. Thats how we can enjoy surprises..

ggood

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
Coquitlam, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 06 2009
File Transfer...
14 08 2009
Med's Request
02 02 2010 requested for other paper work
Med's Done....
19 04 2010 "Medical results have been received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 04 2010
VISA ISSUED...
10 05 2010
LANDED..........
13 05 2010
99%,Sounds like it was waived. Our case sounds like yours! Good luck...

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
CA_SG11 said:
Ok so here's the details.

I received a mail from CIC-SG today containing all our photos and other proof of relationship. I wonder why they don't send my original birth certificate and our marriage contract. Anyway, maybe they will keep it in records.

The letter is not an approval yet. They are requesting for my passport and a note that still they haven't received my Singapore Police Cert. Puzzled me because I called the SPCF and they said they already mailed it since September 12 (CIC Letter is Dated 16 Sept 2011). I'm wondering if they have received it or not. I will call SG police tomorrow cause I'm guessing I can't make any phone inquiries to CIC-SG. Worst comes to worst I need to apply for duplicate copy.

Will send the passport tomorrow and will self collect if the visa is ready. Residence of SG needs a processing of 2 weeks for the visa.

Anybody please answer me. At this point that I have a PPR, do you think my interview is waived?

Here's my timeline :

Submitted Application: 09 Feb 2011
Approval of Sponsorship: 09 March 2011
Application Received in SG: 17 March 2011
In-Process: 17 July 2011
Additional Documents Requested: 19 August 2011 (Singapore Police COC)
Additional Document Submitted: 12 Sept 2011
Paid RPRF : 08 Sept 2011 (I don't wait for their request)
Medical Received: 12 Sept 2011
Passport Request: 16 Sept 2011 (Pending Police Cert, PP and PP size ID)

Good luck to everyone. I happy and anxious at the same time. Keep ourselves busy. Thats how we can enjoy surprises..
You are almost done.
I wish your time line could take mine and it will be great :D. Now i am dreaming when it could be .

CA_SG11

Sep 13, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2014
File Transfer...
July 2015
Hi Guys.

I am having a problem getting the Singapore Police Certificate. Actually not a problem of securing it. It's the way they are sending it. I called Singapore Police last 12 Sept 2011 and they told me that they are sending the certificate via registered mail to the following address (as indicated on CIC SG letter):

Canada High Comission
Immigration Section
PO Box 845
Robinsons Road
Singapore 901645

I am not sure if the CIC-SG accept registered mail on this address. Anyone who has the experience getting sg police cert I would really appreciate your help.