waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
I'm still waiting 3weeks today since I send...hope we will get passport soon
Expect about 5 weeks to get passport back. For us we submit passport on june 8 2016 and got it back july 18th 2016

Reactions: Ny18march

TKGSTK

Jun 5, 2017
Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Doc's Request.
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-03-2017
Med's Request
06/07/2017
Med's Done....
10/07/2017
Passport Req..
14/08/2017
VISA ISSUED...
28/08/2017
LANDED..........
22/09/2017
For me I submitted my passport on 23 August,
on 1 September I got the message from VSF that " Visa application ID No20170823SGBKPRxxxxxx-Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office Singapore on 28-08-2017 to the Canada Visa Application Center, Singapore_Bangkok. "

Now, 5 september I do not hear anything ,anyway Visa process minimum 1 month that Vsf told me!

Hope you get your passport with COPR very soon!!
I got same text from VFS but got email same day 18/8/2017...Singapore just got my passports and photos ,unbelievable they send wrong messages to me and when I called to VFS they only said ..in processing time .

Mar 25, 2017
Hi. I received the “Ready for Visa” email in the first week of August asking for my spouse and my passports, photographs and a filled up personal details form known as Annex B.

The documents were received by the Canadian High Commission in Singapore on 07 August 2017. It’s been over 30 days and I have not heard from them yet. I have a business trip planned in the coming weeks and it’s really important for me. They said not to make any travel plan for the next 30 days but they are taking more time now. I have also emailed CIC using the web form and the High Commission in Singapore but have not got any response. Any idea on what happens when they take this long? Is there possible anything else I can do? I am really worried now. :(:(:(

Thanks.

Mar 25, 2017
My wife got interview letter today through mail & they sent just photos back which is really weird because they don't usually return photographs. Anyone received letter like this?
Please advise. Not sure what was lacking because we did provide everything to prove that relationship is genuine.

"Dear Sir/Madam

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

An initial review of your application has been completed and your file has been placed in our interview queue. Please be advised that applications which require interviews fall outside of normal processing standards. Our next contact with you will be to advise you of the time, date and location of your interview.

While your application is awaiting interview, we will not accept, respond to,or attach to your file any correspondence, except: change address or contact information.

With this letter we are returning the documentary evidence that you submitted in support of your relationship with your sponsor. You may wish to bring this, and any other requested documentation, with you to the interview when it is scheduled."
Did you apply for spouse visa or FSW via express entry?

purple04

Sep 6, 2017
With regards to Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)

My passport has been sent to Singapore visa section and it has been 31 days, but I didnot get any response yet. Does the embassy usually call for interviews once passport has been sent for visa? Can anyone please help me out here. Thanks!

P3iY

Sep 4, 2017
With regards to Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)

My passport has been sent to Singapore visa section and it has been 31 days, but I didnot get any response yet. Does the embassy usually call for interviews once passport has been sent for visa? Can anyone please help me out here. Thanks!
Have you try calling them? I saw some other forum mentioned we can call them if it has already passed the timeline given.

purple04

Sep 6, 2017
Have you try calling them? I saw some other forum mentioned we can call them if it has already passed the timeline given.
Thank you for your message. Yes I called them but no point. The visa officer took my UI number but cannot tell me anything over phone. She told me to use the online inquiry applicantion to write me query. Not only have I done that, but I also emailed them separately. Seems like I just have to wait now :( I don't know why they wrote processing time is 30 days when they take so much longer.

bluearrow

Apr 23, 2017
Hi all, my file has been transfered to Singapore VO on september 6.

How long until I receive Aor2, medical request, ppr?

Thank you,

Vietapp

Sep 10, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm a July 2016 application. My application has passed the standard time of my country. They haven't started background check yet, however, they requested my background check in March. Can you suggest me what to do now? I'm from Vietnam and it says 13 months for standard processing time; and does anyone from July 2016 applications still waiting like me?

purple04

Sep 6, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm a July 2016 application. My application has passed the standard time of my country. They haven't started background check yet, however, they requested my background check in March. Can you suggest me what to do now? I'm from Vietnam and it says 13 months for standard processing time; and does anyone from July 2016 applications still waiting like me?
This is pretty odd, sorry to hear about your situation. My spouse and I applied in April 2017 and we will collect our passports today as a decision has been made :) I think you should contact the visa officer at the embassy.

Vietapp

Sep 10, 2017
This is pretty odd, sorry to hear about your situation. My spouse and I applied in April 2017 and we will collect our passports today as a decision has been made :) I think you should contact the visa officer at the embassy.
one month ago, They came to my home in Vietnam for a surprise interview, no news until now. They had interviewed me back in the beginning of December and requested for our house ownership in Canada (we'd lived there before I had to leave Canada for my interview, and couldn't come back). After we submitted letter from lawyer for home ownership, medical changed to in progress; and they requested for my household booklet in Vietnam and Criminal check in Vietnam(even I'd never lived in Vietnam for more than 6 months since I turned 18). We submitted everything they asked in March. No news until they came to my home in Vietnam for a surprise visit in early August. i actually don't see any redflags in my application. What they were talking was I couldn't remember my wedding total cost and we didn't apply for PR right after we got marriage certificate. And they didn't say if the interviews has been passed or failed

Last edited:

mjmp

Sep 11, 2017
Hi guys . Can you help me, what should I do? I already received a letter from CIC that the Singapore
Office already had the application. but that was almost a month ago
I am just wondering if there is a problem in the application because
I havent received any message since then. SUpposedly i should have receive the AOR2 or Request for documents for my
medical and police certificate. some of the applications takes days or week only.

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Hi guys . Can you help me, what should I do? I already received a letter from CIC that the Singapore
Office already had the application. but that was almost a month ago
I am just wondering if there is a problem in the application because
I havent received any message since then. SUpposedly i should have receive the AOR2 or Request for documents for my
medical and police certificate. some of the applications takes days or week only.
After they transferred our file to Singapore, we didn't receive the medical request for 6 months. There is nothing to be concerned with, only having waited 1 month. Singapore seems to wait 4 - 6 months before requesting medical/police certificate for those that applied first few months of 2017.

Please add your information here! And you can also look at the timing of other Singapore applications and compare it to your timeline to help you see the trends.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=1702792406

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Wow!! That is so fast!!! Only 5 months until DM. There was another Singapore application several weeks ago that was also 5 months! There is hope for the rest of us! What country are you from? Could you please add your information to the spreadsheet, so that it helps other Singapore application see the trends in processing times? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=360667438 Thanks!!