+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Police Certificate from my Wife

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Hi Friends,

I have received my ITA and ready to submit my documents. I am applying from Canada under Canadian Experience Category. My wife stayed in Singapore for more than 1 year, but for Singapore Police Certificate, the CIC website is telling that I don't need to submit any police certificate while applying. Just need to upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

Can you please let me know whether I need to apply for Singapore Police Certificate for my wife before I submit my documents for PR(After getting the ITA)? Or should I submit the application with the document mentioned above?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Friends,

I have received my ITA and ready to submit my documents. I am applying from Canada under Canadian Experience Category. My wife stayed in Singapore for more than 1 year, but for Singapore Police Certificate, the CIC website is telling that I don't need to submit any police certificate while applying. Just need to upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

Can you please let me know whether I need to apply for Singapore Police Certificate for my wife before I submit my documents for PR(After getting the ITA)? Or should I submit the application with the document mentioned above?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
You can submit the document as mentioned by CIC. Once you get AOR and all your documents are verified, they will send a request letter for Singapore PCC in the name of your wife. You can use that and apply for the same. CIC will also give you 30 days to upload the PCC and there will be a placeholder for the same.

Alternatively, you can try to get PCC based on your ITA and other supporting documents. There is no guarantee the appeal will be considered but it is worth a try. On the Singapore PCC thread, one of the folks reported to be successful in a similar situation. I too am in the same boat but waiting to receive passport back from Indian embassy and will then apply for my wife.

Hope this helps!