Re-med June 9, 2014
Med's Done....
May 17, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2014, Decision Made: July 19, 2014 Visa on Hand: July 24, 2014 Thank you Lord!
LANDED..........
July 26, 2014
Hi! Anyone here has any experience with getting a Singapore Police Certificate (COC)? I got PPR last week and CIC is requesting a police certificate from Singapore. According to CIC website, a COC Request Letter and Appeal Form should be given to the applicant because the Singapore Police Force (SPF) will not process the certificate without these documents. But when I got my PPR, there was NO letter attached. I don't know if they just forgot or what. I emailed CIC regarding the request letter but sadly, they haven't replied yet. I was hoping someone here had an experience like this and can share how they got through it. Is the PPR letter enough for SPF to process the certificate or there has to be a COC request letter from the embassy?

Another thing is that according to CIC, the certificate will be mailed to them directly by the Singapore Police, but I emailed SPF and they said they DO NOT MAIL to the requesting embassy, instead they mail it to the applicant's residential address. This is quite confusing really, and I don't know what to do. I'm stuck. Anyone here got the same experience? :-\

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Yes... We had to get a police clearance from Singapore... Go to the cic website and click on police clearances, then click on sinapore and it will give you complete instructions and forms. A please note if you try and call singapore police for status updates.... They never answer the phone... Very frustrating but i finally found out it was completed and sent to canada immigration.... Approx 2 months

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hi Denny,

Did CIC issued you request letter for Singapore COC/PCC?

If yes, at what stage you received the letter before medical or after medical?

Is there any workaround to obtain Singapore PCC without request letter from CIC?

Regards,
R

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
it was after the medical... only about a month after.... And no there is no way to speed up that process... Must have the request letter from cic...... Please not that our situation was a little different than the norm.. Because my wife was victim of yolanda typhoon... So CIC asked us for everything all at once... You will also need to send your fingerprints... Hope this helps answer your question

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
dear friends,

i forgot to include appeal form..what would be the case? all documents are already submitted to COC since july 16th.. please help, throw some advise for me :( I have sent them mail but i havet received any reply from COC, thanks