+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore applicants for Express Entry - Plz network here to share the ideas

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
jammin24 said:
CIC's request letter will list all the people on your application, and state that you'll need to get certificates for all of them .

Make sure when submitting your e-APR to include a statement saying you're applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC.
Thanks a lot !!! Sorry just to confirm I need let CIC know when I am submitting the profile after receiving the ITA rite ???

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
rak89 said:
Thanks a lot !!! Sorry just to confirm I need let CIC know when I am submitting the profile after receiving the ITA rite ???
While submitting your application, there will be a slot for police certificates. Instead of the Singapore PCC, you need to upload a statement saying that you're applying for a country that requires an official request from CIC. This was mine:

To:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Nov. 7, 2016

Re: Singapore police report

I am applying from a country (Singapore) that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.

Regards,

Your name

bala1980

Aug 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30/Sep/16
AOR Received.
12/Nov/16
Hi All,

My timeline is as follows. My application is pending in Singapore VO from Jan, awaiting for PPR ::)

Category ..............: PNP NS
Visa office.............:Singapore
Nomination Recv....:30/Sep/16
ITA received...........:12/Oct/16
EAPR submission.....:11/Nov/16
AOR.......................:12/Nov/16
Medicals passed.......: /Nov/16

saurabhmaloo

Jul 30, 2014
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This forum is of great use.. thanks to people who reply to queries.. I have a few questions..

Ques 1 I lived in india for 11 years and now working in Singapore since past 4 months.. from where all do i need a PCC.. I reckon this -

1. India PCC - I can take from embassy here in SG or i have to take from india
2. Singapore PCC - Do i need this? If yes, i will need to upload that letter which was posted here to get the letter from CIC.

Ques 2 Medical i can get done from India also right. As the cost here is almost 3 times that of india..

regards

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
saurabhmaloo said:
This forum is of great use.. thanks to people who reply to queries.. I have a few questions..

Ques 1 I lived in india for 11 years and now working in Singapore since past 4 months.. from where all do i need a PCC.. I reckon this -

1. India PCC - I can take from embassy here in SG or i have to take from india
2. Singapore PCC - Do i need this? If yes, i will need to upload that letter which was posted here to get the letter from CIC.

Ques 2 Medical i can get done from India also right. As the cost here is almost 3 times that of india..

regards
1. You need the police clearance certificates from India and Singapore, unless you have lived in any other country for 6 months (cumulatively). You can get the Indian PCC from the BLS office at The Verge that's in Little India. For the Singaporean Certificate of Clearance (CoC) you will need the ITA. You can appeal for the CoC online and once your appeal is approved you can apply at the SPF in Outram Park.

2. You can get your medicals from anywhere but if you are planning on traveling to India then do make sure that you get your PCC for India done after your last stay. Because you are not currently living there so your PCC should be after the date you have last lived in that country.

saurabhmaloo

Jul 30, 2014
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Janaki Iyer said:
1. You need the police clearance certificates from India and Singapore, unless you have lived in any other country for 6 months (cumulatively). You can get the Indian PCC from the BLS office at The Verge that's in Little India. For the Singaporean Certificate of Clearance (CoC) you will need the ITA. You can appeal for the CoC online and once your appeal is approved you can apply at the SPF in Outram Park.

2. You can get your medicals from anywhere but if you are planning on traveling to India then do make sure that you get your PCC for India done after your last stay. Because you are not currently living there so your PCC should be after the date you have last lived in that country.
First of all many thanks for the info.. m grateful

For point 1 - "For the Singaporean Certificate of Clearance (CoC) you will need the ITA. You can appeal for the CoC online and once your appeal is approved you can apply at the SPF in Outram Park."
I do have the ITA, how do i make the appeal for this please.. Whats the process.

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
saurabhmaloo said:
First of all many thanks for the info.. m grateful

For point 1 - "For the Singaporean Certificate of Clearance (CoC) you will need the ITA. You can appeal for the CoC online and once your appeal is approved you can apply at the SPF in Outram Park."
I do have the ITA, how do i make the appeal for this please.. Whats the process.
http://www.police.gov.sg/e-services/apply/certificate-of-clearance

That's the link for SPF CoC. The FAQs section states that you should have resided in Singapore for at least six months continuously with a valid FIN number, and since you have lived there only for 4 months, I'm not sure how this would work out for you. But Singapore is also under the list of those countries for which you don't need to submit a police clearance with your initial PR application and upload a letter stating that the country requires a request letter for CoC from the requesting authorities and explain your situation to IRCC.

rainbow00

Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fahad04 said:
Already 5-6 PPRs been reported in whatsapp groups! It's raining, it's truly raining!
Bro did anyone report PPRs in whatsapp group today? And do you know if we get a PPR email or it's just updated in CIC account. I did not get any email when my background changed.

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
jammin24 said:
While submitting your application, there will be a slot for police certificates. Instead of the Singapore PCC, you need to upload a statement saying that you're applying for a country that requires an official request from CIC. This was mine:

To:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Nov. 7, 2016

Re: Singapore police report

I am applying from a country (Singapore) that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.

Regards,

Your name
Thanks a lot !!!

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
How are you guys filling the address on the express entry form ?
I am finding it very confusing .
Not sure how to enter the address in the form provided .

Assume my singapore address is
blk 312 , #03-03 xxxxx avenue 3 ,
Singapore 550332

what should i fill for
1)Apartment number/unit
2)Street number
3)Street address/name
4)Street address/name 2

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Can some one help me with this

How are you guys filling the address on the express entry form ?
I am finding it very confusing .
Not sure how to enter the address in the form provided .

Assume my singapore address is
blk 312 , #03-03 xxxxx avenue 3 ,
Singapore 550332

what should i fill for
1)Apartment number/unit
2)Street number
3)Street address/name
4)Street address/name 2

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
I got PPR today, after BG changed to IP from NS yesterday! Can't believe how quick it was! Good luck to everyone else for speedy PPRs, esp those waiting for a long time!

saurabhmaloo

Jul 30, 2014
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Janaki Iyer said:

Hello.. thanks for all the help.. for Indian PCC from Singapore, they say i need the request letter from the embassy.. from where do i get that?
regards