Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
gemskipots said:
Hi, I know a lot of people were saying that we cannot use Provident Funds as proof of funds. However, two of my friends with family who just left this year for Canada from Singapore only showed CPF as their proof funds and was accepted by CIC.

I also showed only my CPF when I applied for Ontario and I got the nomination. I even asked the officer who called us if we still need to show our Bank Statement and he said that the CPF is more than enough. So there you go...
Gemskipots,

Thanks man. Great help and an important piece of information for all sg ppl with a real example..+1 for u..how to give u +1?

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
BTW, how easy is it to get an appointment at Fullerton Healthcare and how much does it cost?

gemskipots

Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-11-15 (Schedule 4)
Nomination.....
06-10-15
AOR Received.
06-11-15
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
04-11-15
Med's Done....
17-11-15
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
13-06-2016
RKCK said:
BTW, how easy is it to get an appointment at Fullerton Healthcare and how much does it cost?
It is very fast. Just call them and make an appointment over the phone.

Adult: $260
Child: $160

Just had mine, they submitted the result to CIC after a day. :)

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gemskipots is very helpful! but you need to have at least twenty posts to have the capability to give +1 to other users. afterwhich, you will see "Good" or "Poor" under their names on the left pane.

thadichikutty said:
Gemskipots,

Thanks man. Great help and an important piece of information for all sg ppl with a real example..+1 for u..how to give u +1?

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
irfan_ul_haque said:
I received ITA on 17th Sept, and submitted my application on 2nd Nov.
By CIC's instruction, we are supposed to request CIC for a letter, to apply for Singapore PCC, however many of applicants from Singapore got PCC using only ITA document. I rechecked with Singapore Police who confirmed that its possible to get PCC using ITA but CIC may request another one at a later stage if they are not satisfied, so ultimately I just followed CIC's instructions.
I received that request letter from CIC yesterday and I applied for the PCC on the same day.
Hope that helps.
So did you have to provide an appeal to get the COC?

gemskipots

Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-11-15 (Schedule 4)
Nomination.....
06-10-15
AOR Received.
06-11-15
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
04-11-15
Med's Done....
17-11-15
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
13-06-2016
thadichikutty said:
Gemskipots,

I am also not sure. :)

But I'm happy to help people here in this forum. I have been getting answers here as well, so just doing my part.

thadichikutty

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
gemskipots said:
Hi, I know a lot of people were saying that we cannot use Provident Funds as proof of funds. However, two of my friends with family who just left this year for Canada from Singapore only showed CPF as their proof funds and was accepted by CIC.

I also showed only my CPF when I applied for Ontario and I got the nomination. I even asked the officer who called us if we still need to show our Bank Statement and he said that the CPF is more than enough. So there you go...
Gemskipots,

Just want to confirm with u for the Proof of funds, I just go to cpf website and go to cpf my statement and convert it to pdf. Is it enough?

gemskipots

Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-11-15 (Schedule 4)
Nomination.....
06-10-15
AOR Received.
06-11-15
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
04-11-15
Med's Done....
17-11-15
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
13-06-2016
prcand said:
gemskipots is very helpful! but you need to have at least twenty posts to have the capability to give +1 to other users. afterwhich, you will see "Good" or "Poor" under their names on the left pane.
:)

Hey your medical is scheduled tomorrow, right? Better rest well and drink lots of water and avoid oily stuff first hehe

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YES! i have bought and drank a lot of buko juice!!!

gemskipots said:
:)

Hey your medical is scheduled tomorrow, right? Better rest well and drink lots of water and avoid oily stuff first hehe

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
prcand said:
YES! i have bought and drank a lot of buko juice!!!
Hahahaha... I hope they don't reject me for high cholesterol ;D

thadichikutty

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
Anyone can advise on the section of reference letters needed from the employer? Few points to clarify;

1. What does the reference letter include? duties & responsibilities or my title,start date, pay structure ??
2. If lets say employer not able to give reference letter in letter head format, are there any other ways to get this done like producing statutory declarations or get attested by a notary public.

In my case, employer (HR) told me that they cannot give the reference letter in letterhead format which is a mandatory requirement i heard from agencies. Thats the reason I'm looking for some other options.

Can anyone help me for this?

Dagdoba

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
??????????????????
VISA ISSUED...
????????????????????????????????????
LANDED..........
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Anyone can advise on the section of reference letters needed from the employer? Few points to clarify;

1. What does the reference letter include? duties & responsibilities or my title,start date, pay structure ??
2. If lets say employer not able to give reference letter in letter head format, are there any other ways to get this done like producing statutory declarations or get attested by a notary public.

In my case, employer (HR) told me that they cannot give the reference letter in letterhead format which is a mandatory requirement i heard from agencies. Thats the reason I'm looking for some other options.

I believe there is not standard format,but there is one definitely for Australia immigration.. I followed their template to get the referral letters...

Dagdoba

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
??????????????????
VISA ISSUED...
????????????????????????????????????
LANDED..........
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I believe there is not standard format,but there is one definitely for Australia immigration.. I followed their template to get the referral letters...

http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/7570/Skilled-Employment-Reference-Example.pdf

thadichikutty

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
Dagdoba said:

http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/7570/Skilled-Employment-Reference-Example.pdf
Thanks Dagdoba

Also can anyone tell me whether we need to send our passport to Canada for stamping purpose during PPR or can v done it here in Singapore?

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
thadichikutty said:
Thanks Dagdoba

Also can anyone tell me whether we need to send our passport to Canada for stamping purpose during PPR or can v done it here in Singapore?
Depends on the PPR. In case they send you a PPR from Ottawa VO then you'll need to create a Case Specific Enquiry to change to the local VO. They'll send you another PPR from Singapore VO.