+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN number renewal after Work Permit issue

readysetgo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Hey guys,

Has anyone had the chance of renewing their SIN numbers recently? Service Canada has cancelled all in purpose services and have options of Online and Mail applications. I was trying to search for the link where I can get to the Online application and was unable to navigate through the website.

Does anyone have ay insights? Help would be much appreciated!

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hey guys,

Has anyone had the chance of renewing their SIN numbers recently? Service Canada has cancelled all in purpose services and have options of Online and Mail applications. I was trying to search for the link where I can get to the Online application and was unable to navigate through the website.

Does anyone have ay insights? Help would be much appreciated!

Applying online is temporarily closed on 9th. Jus visit this below link daily to check if u can get apply online button.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html

readysetgo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019

jokepoke

Feb 27, 2020
Bump, I applied online before that message was there but I have gotten no response and have not been able to reach anybody over the phone about it. No idea if my application is still valid or not.

That's pretty crazy that you have to send in original documents for the mail application when you only have to send in scans for the online application, especially during a time like this.

readysetgo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Bump, I applied online before that message was there but I have gotten no response and have not been able to reach anybody over the phone about it. No idea if my application is still valid or not.

That's pretty crazy that you have to send in original documents for the mail application when you only have to send in scans for the online application, especially during a time like this.
You applied online already? Which account did you have to use for it? I can't seem to figure that out.

My SIN expires in July, so I still have time. I informed my employer about this and they only asked for my work permit and told me I can tell them when my SIN gets renewed, whenever that is. Its not a problem.

I still want to get it done though. And yes, its stupid how they ask for original documents. That too in the mail.

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
You applied online already? Which account did you have to use for it? I can't seem to figure that out.

My SIN expires in July, so I still have time. I informed my employer about this and they only asked for my work permit and told me I can tell them when my SIN gets renewed, whenever that is. Its not a problem.

I still want to get it done though. And yes, its stupid how they ask for original documents. That too in the mail.
Hi

I applied the SIN via online process last week, it wasn't available before to apply online.
All I received was a confirmation number when applied nothing since a week. Not sure how long it takes to get SIN number via online process