+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN number not displaying properly in application and other questons

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Just noticed an issue with the application form.

When I enter your SIN number in section 12 it displays as I write it but when I click off the boxes it doesn't display properly.

Mine only shows/displays the first 6 numbers and then another number is obscured by the little + in the lower right hand corner - Can I write by SIN number in full next to it as this appears to be an issue with the form?

- Also another question. The application guide states:

Its states:
"A15: Print and sign the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. Make sure that the following dates are all the same:
  • Date of application used in this calculation;
  • Date of signature on this physical presence calculator print out;
  • Date of signature on the form for Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adult"
If my eligibility is 5 October 2013 - 5 October 2018 - Does that mean I have to sign the application form and physical presence calculator print out on 5 October 2018 or if I print everything out on 7 October 2018 do I sign it with that date on all documents?

I realize I am unable to send anything in the mail in the future and will be waiting until after this in October to send everything.

- I have just ordered my exit and entry information from CBSA, I am 99.9% sure I have listed all my exits from Canada in the last 5 years as I kept a spreadsheet and updated it each time I came back to Canada with port of entry. Most of these exits/entry are weekends in the USA at my partners cabin so its 1 or 2 days outside at the most. I have allowed a buffer zone of 20 days extra but can go to 30 days - I am hoping this is sufficient but with a 12 month processing timeline, Id like to get this as soon as I am able to. I do not require a 90 day/6month/1year buffer zone.

I did get my USA exit and entry info on i94 website and most of it adds up but it doesn't include all the trips as it was done over land.

Any assistance is appreciated.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014

When I enter your SIN number in section 12 it displays as I write it but when I click off the boxes it doesn't display properly.

Mine only shows/displays the first 6 numbers and then another number is obscured by the little + in the lower right hand corner - Can I write by SIN number in full next to it as this appears to be an issue with the form?
What application/version are you using to open it?

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
The most recent application on IRCC website. I don't know with adobe. I use a mac and not windows.

The rest of the application is fine.

I think I will just write the SIN number in full next to it and explain in a letter of explanation

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

- Also another question. The application guide states:

Its states:
"A15: Print and sign the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. Make sure that the following dates are all the same:
  • Date of application used in this calculation;
  • Date of signature on this physical presence calculator print out;
  • Date of signature on the form for Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adult"
If my eligibility is 5 October 2013 - 5 October 2018 - Does that mean I have to sign the application form and physical presence calculator print out on 5 October 2018 or if I print everything out on 7 October 2018 do I sign it with that date on all documents?

I realize I am unable to send anything in the mail in the future and will be waiting until after this in October to send everything.

- I have just ordered my exit and entry information from CBSA, I am 99.9% sure I have listed all my exits from Canada in the last 5 years as I kept a spreadsheet and updated it each time I came back to Canada with port of entry. Most of these exits/entry are weekends in the USA at my partners cabin so its 1 or 2 days outside at the most. I have allowed a buffer zone of 20 days extra but can go to 30 days - I am hoping this is sufficient but with a 12 month processing timeline, Id like to get this as soon as I am able to. I do not require a 90 day/6month/1year buffer zone.

I did get my USA exit and entry info on i94 website and most of it adds up but it doesn't include all the trips as it was done over land.

Any assistance is appreciated.
When you fill out the physical presence calculator, you were asked to "Enter the date you will sign the application."
This is obviously the date of signature you have to use on all forms.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
The most recent application on IRCC website. I don't know with adobe. I use a mac and not windows.

The rest of the application is fine.

I think I will just write the SIN number in full next to it and explain in a letter of explanation
Simply leave the field empty, then print, then write the number right in the field.

This is a way easier solution than a letter of explanation. Nowhere does it say that you have to fill the form on a computer.

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Simply leave the field empty, then print, then write the number right in the field.

This is a way easier solution than a letter of explanation. Nowhere does it say that you have to fill the form on a computer.
Yeah but obviously if it is filled out on a computer and typed it looks neater and much easier to read then handwritten.

I will add the SIN number in handwriting next to it though

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
When you fill out the physical presence calculator, you were asked to "Enter the date you will sign the application."
This is obviously the date of signature you have to use on all forms.
Ok great so if it is 5 Oct 2013 - 5 Oct 2018 then when its printed on 5 Oct 2018 I will just sign all forms with 5 October 2018

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Yeah but obviously if it is filled out on a computer and typed it looks neater and much easier to read then handwritten.

I will add the SIN number in handwriting next to it though
I still don't understand why you wouldn't simply fill out everything else on the computer EXCEPT the SIN, then print, then fill in the SIN.

Alas, it is your application. So do what you think feels right :)

Reactions: Goku

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I agree with Spyfy.

Why create a problem when there is none. Print the form and write it. Making your application look neater won't get you your citizenship faster.

Your application your call. Good Luck

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
I still don't understand why you wouldn't simply fill out everything else on the computer EXCEPT the SIN, then print, then fill in the SIN.

Alas, it is your application. So do what you think feels right :)

oh I see what you are saying, Fill every else out. Leave the SIN, print out and then fill that in!

Gotcha!

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
I could not type SIN Number in MAC or PC.. with ADOBE READER, ADOBE ACROBAT, MAC VIEWER, PDF-XChanger Editor...
So, Printed and Manually wrote with Black Pen.. and Submitted..!!