+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sin number expired

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi friends My sin number got expired with my study permit on December 2019.I applied my study permit extension which takes around 4-5 months to arrive and after getting extension of 1 month I applied for my work permit on March 10,2020 and it got approved on September 10,2020.But unfortunately Canada post has lost my work permit in transit then ircc agent told me to apply for replacement of immigration document application which I do.Now it will take 30 days again.So basically i never get a valid document for a year to update sin number.Now I am still waiting for my work permit to update my sin number.Pleae anyone tell me that it gonna affect my PR in future

Nov 18, 2020
Hey there,
I was having the same problem. Make sure as soon as you receive the work permit letter visit service Canada for the update. During this Covid time it won't be a problem but to be on the safe side. Yes one more thing don't forget to but appointment to service Canada before visiting beside all this u can also apply the sin number online.

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hey there,
I was having the same problem. Make sure as soon as you receive the work permit letter visit service Canada for the update. During this Covid time it won't be a problem but to be on the safe side. Yes one more thing don't forget to but appointment to service Canada before visiting beside all this u can also apply the sin number online.
I already have an conversation with service Canada they told me it’s not your fault .They said Don’t worry about it lot of people calling them regarding the same.They said just upload document whenever you get it.Still your sin number is active and getting all the information and we can understand the situation of everyone we are with you always.That makes me feel on safer side.Most of the people calling them for same. Thing that’s why their waiting time is too much.

Reactions: santzapaul