+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Simultaneous work permit and visitor visa applications

smmor

Oct 24, 2023
Hi there,

Hope you're doing great!

We're applying for my spouse's open work permit. Could you please let me know if another simultaneous application for Visitor Visa can be made (which has lower processing time)?

I highly appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
SM

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,

Hope you're doing great!

We're applying for my spouse's open work permit. Could you please let me know if another simultaneous application for Visitor Visa can be made (which has lower processing time)?

I highly appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
SM
Your spouse can try. It is different from a SOWP so needs to show ties to return (job letter with approved leave, children, business, income properties), funds, travel history. The issue is that IRCC will know that spouse is wanting to move and work in Canada.

smmor

Oct 24, 2023
Your spouse can try. It is different from a SOWP so needs to show ties to return (job letter with approved leave, children, business, income properties), funds, travel history. The issue is that IRCC will know that spouse is wanting to move and work in Canada.
Thanks for taking out time to reply. I am also adding my spouse to the ongoing PR application. Would indicating dual intent help?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for taking out time to reply. I am also adding my spouse to the ongoing PR application. Would indicating dual intent help?
It may or may not as your spouse must be included in your PR application. Is she listed as accompanying or non accompanying?

smmor

Oct 24, 2023
It may or may not as your spouse must be included in your PR application. Is she listed as accompanying or non accompanying?
She will be included as accompanying, and wouldn't have an active job for obvious reasons. Also no children, property, or a business.
Thank you!