+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Simple Question Re Additional Documents ... where do they list them?

fatmamakombe

May 19, 2008
We are starting the process of applying for a TRV and have noticed people are sending in letters of invitation, bank statements and even photos to prove their cases. I tHOUGHT I read the instructions carefully but I am obviously missing something. Where does it list all these additional documents? Also .. anyone have a suggestion on what sort of things should be included in letter of invitation (and if I am inviting my husband to come visit is it better that the letter of invite comes from myself or a family member i.e. my father).. Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
fatmamakombe said:
We are starting the process of applying for a TRV and have noticed people are sending in letters of invitation, bank statements and even photos to prove their cases. I tHOUGHT I read the instructions carefully but I am obviously missing something. Where does it list all these additional documents? Also .. anyone have a suggestion on what sort of things should be included in letter of invitation (and if I am inviting my husband to come visit is it better that the letter of invite comes from myself or a family member i.e. my father).. Thanks
Depends on where your husband is applying from. The embassy/visa office where he is applying from may have a different "application kit". Basically the documents that he needs to prepare are on the checklist (may be different in his region):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5484E.PDF

Bank statement is needed to prove he is in a position to take the trip and support himself for the duration he is in Canada. Your invitation can be in the form of an undertaking to help provide for him while he is in Canada (room and board, medicals, fare back home in the event he runs out of money). The invitation may not even be needed since he is your husband. He must show proof of ties in his country that would make him want to go back there. Approved leave of absence from his job, certificate of employment, etc. This is where you may have difficulty because you are his wife and it would be difficult to convince the visa officer he would want to go go back once in Canada. All the best.