asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need input from experts here. I'd like to have quick input as this forum is more active than other sub-forums. So Im posting my question again. Hope, people can reply to my query in a timely fashion.

I have paid application fees and sent documents to universities such as U of Regina, U of SK, U of Brunswick for January 2011 intake and I had no problems with the process. However, when it comes to sending educational documents to Simon Fraser University I'm facing a lot of issues.

They want me to send original transcripts and original IELTS copy. All above mentioned universities had asked for certified copies of the docs but not originals. In Pakistan, originals are produced only one time.

I can not send originals, period. I sent them an email asking for an alternative. I'm waiting for their email reply. They are quite slow. They usually respond in 3-4 days.

Do you guys have any suggestions like how to approach this problem/obstacle? How can I send certified copies instead of originals?

Kind Regards,

Asad

jayadreams

Aug 15, 2010
Hi,
If they don't reply for your e-mails better you call your department graduate administrator and explain your situation to them and ask them what's the alternative.

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asad,

I'm going to Simon Fraser this fall and yes, they do ask for original copies. I had to buy an extra, original copy of my transcript and an extra copy of my IELTS results from British Council. I think it's the same for UBC. I guess it's a bit slower these days since they're busier with enrollment and classes starting this sept. Try calling admissions or international advising. Sent you a PM. :)

gillz

Star Member
Jul 29, 2010
Visa Office......
CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07
hey asad same thing happend wid me wen i submittd my documents to uofT , york university they accept original copy of ielts , u must have a form which is sent alongwith the ielts score fill it up with detaild adddress of SFU and they wil send orginal copy within week ............. however for rest of educational documents u cn send notarizd copies...............

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks viki for providing me contact details. I'll contact them right away.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
problem solved. i am allowed to send certfied copies of my educational docs to SFU!

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
However, I would have to send an original IELTS copy. Just enquired about from IELTS test center where I took my test. Actually, they will send it directly to SFU by using DHL service and it will take 4 days to reach there. I will have to pay 2000 Rupees for this service. So nothing to worry about.

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea, i had to do the same. paid around 50 USD for that service. boy these testing people are earning lots of money. haha.
Anyway, good luck Asad! hope to see you in SFU! :)

asad100101 said:
However, I would have to send an original IELTS copy. Just enquired about from IELTS test center where I took my test. Actually, they will send it directly to SFU by using DHL service and it will take 4 days to reach there. I will have to pay 2000 Rupees for this service. So nothing to worry about.