Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2011
ok,...i have lots of questions, first

First I am American,.going to Canada with my husband. we have been married 7 years. i will be bringing my daughter, she is 19, and never been in trouble. We are going back to Canada because he lost his job, and have just found out we are going to be grandparents. Hoping that the fact we been married so long we wont have any glitches. will it go faster because we have been married so long?...And can i file outland, if i am living in Canada,as a visitor? thats the silly question. I thought I read that u could somewhere.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply outland in Canada. Being married so long is no guarantee that things will go faster.

I assume your husband is Canadian.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Having been married that long won't necessarily speed up the process, but it will almost guarantee that you won't have to interview as long as you send proof of your relationship.

Yes, you can always file outland in your home country no matter what, so the U.S.A. in your case.

canadianwife43 said:
ok,...i have lots of questions, first

First I am American,.going to Canada with my husband. we have been married 7 years. i will be bringing my daughter, she is 19, and never been in trouble. We are going back to Canada because he lost his job, and have just found out we are going to be grandparents. Hoping that the fact we been married so long we wont have any glitches. will it go faster because we have been married so long?...And can i file outland, if i am living in Canada,as a visitor? thats the silly question. I thought I read that u could somewhere.

catjane

Dec 2, 2010
I have the same problem, only I'm the Canadian and my husband is the American. We've been married 10 years but I am tod we can't go back together with all our househoild contents. I'm still trying to figure out how to work it all ince we own our own home and if he stays and applies here, I'll have to wait for his application to be okayed. Good luck to you, wish I could tell you more.

KarenCee

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
Georgia, USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catjane said:
I have the same problem, only I'm the Canadian and my husband is the American. We've been married 10 years but I am tod we can't go back together with all our househoild contents. I'm still trying to figure out how to work it all ince we own our own home and if he stays and applies here, I'll have to wait for his application to be okayed. Good luck to you, wish I could tell you more.
e

Question: What do you mean that you can't go back together with all your household contents?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they show up at the border with all their stuff in a u-haul and the husband is entering Canada as a visitor, that will definitely not make Canada immigration very happy. They could refuse him entry for trying to move to Canada without the proper visa. It would be better that she takes the household items by herself and he joins her later or they get some movers to do it.

It would also be possible for her to start his application from outside Canada so he could have his PR before they move.