waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
Hi there everyone!

I have been lurking a long time in this forum and decided to register to an account today - you all seem so really supportive of each other and really knowledgable.

I have applied for CEC through the Buffalo VO, and my application was received around 20th June 2011. I haven't heard anything from them - no AOR, no request for medicals, nothing. If I check ECAS, it says there is no record of my file (which means they haven't begun to process it yet). It is confusing and frustrating, as it has been five months, and even the CIC website states that applications are usually begun to process after three. While I haven't checked to see if the bank note was cashed, I do know it got there as I sent it via courier and it arrived. My lawyer did contact the Buffalo visa office and the only response we got was that we cannot contact them unless it's past the processing time posted on the website.

I have all my documents and got an over all band of 8 on my IELTS test. At the time of application I had over 2201 hours logged at work - well over the 1950 that were needed for apply - I am working elsewhere now, but it is full time and permanent (I will do LMO if I still am not landed when my post grad work permit expires in June 2012).

So this leads me to a few questions:

1. has anyone applied and waited longer than 5 months for their AOR? If so, how long did you wait?

2. At the time of application, the processing time was 9 months for CEC. Then it jumped to 14, and now it's at 15. If it gets past nine months, does this give me more leverage to call and request to know what is up with my application?

While I know the absolute worst that can happen is that I have to apply for an LMO it is still causing me anxiety nonetheless.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

ben8286

Jul 7, 2010
I had waited almost 6 months to receive my file number. It does take that long CEC. It takes about 14 months for me to get my PR approved , which is what it states in the web page. If nothing goes wrong, you should receive your file number soon.

I have applied LMO in order to renew my working visa in order to stay in Canada while I am waiting for the PR process. I recommend you stay in Canada while you are waiting for CEC approval because the visa office only mail passport to USA or Canada, not other countries.

You can have your medical done in advance once you have received the file number. Many people in this forum do that. But I do my medical when they send me the medical request form. It may save you 1 to 1.5 months.

Don't worry.

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
Thank you so much Ben! It helps to know someone else waited long! Much of what I see on Trackitt shows people getting their AOR within 3 months of applying which is what made me nervous.

I am planning on doing an LMO or visitor visa to stay in Canada while I wait - my entire life is up here, as I've lived and either gone to school or worked here since 2002 :) When I land we'll probably make a day of it and go to Niagara Falls and do the passport stuff in person - I am so excited.

ben8286

Jul 7, 2010
cec2011 said:
Thank you so much Ben! It helps to know someone else waited long! Much of what I see on Trackitt shows people getting their AOR within 3 months of applying which is what made me nervous.

I am planning on doing an LMO or visitor visa to stay in Canada while I wait - my entire life is up here, as I've lived and either gone to school or worked here since 2002 :) When I land we'll probably make a day of it and go to Niagara Falls and do the passport stuff in person - I am so excited.
One more thing, the process time for LMO can be up to 2 months.

ssamad

Dec 22, 2011
ben8286 said:
You can have your medical done in advance once you have received the file number. Many people in this forum do that. But I do my medical when they send me the medical request form. It may save you 1 to 1.5 months.
This has been my ongoing dilemma. After waiting forever for atleast my Medicals (aor in may 2011) , I have decided to fly back home.Living here is a drain on my savings since my permit expired. I've asked my lawyer whether I should do my
Medicals and he said its unnecessary. Are there any repurcussions of sending it before Cic requests? In addition, please mention how much it takes to do meds.

april2011

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 1, 2011
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
19 aug 2011
File Transfer...
9 feb 2012 to seattle
Med's Request
19 aug 2011
Med's Done....
22 aug 2011
Passport Req..
3 July 2012
Once you receive AOR there is no problem leaving Canada. Your file wont be transferred to your home country.
Medicals can be done within a day really. All you hv to do is to book an appointment with any doctor mentioned in the list by Immigration Canada. It can cost you approx 250$
Somehow I did not get visitors visa after my work permit expired in Aug 2011.

ssamad

Dec 22, 2011
april2011 said:
Once you receive AOR there is no problem leaving Canada. Your file wont be transferred to your home country.
Medicals can be done within a day really. All you hv to do is to book an appointment with any doctor mentioned in the list by Immigration Canada. It can cost you approx 250$
Somehow I did not get visitors visa after my work permit expired in Aug 2011.
Well lots of people send Medicals before asked. In that case I can get it done and send it before I embark on my unwanted trip. Dont know if it helps(?)

About visitors visa, they gave it to me in a month for 6months; although the website says it takes 90 days!

piscespao

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
From Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/20/2012
Doc's Request.
10/9/2013
Nomination.....
PER on March 16th, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application 02/20/2012
Med's Request
8/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/10/2013
Passport Req..
2/04/2014
LANDED..........
I PRAY, HOPE n DREAM I will land in 2014
Hey guys I see even thou your files are in Buffalo they are moving a little fast comparing to others that is taking like 2 n 3 years...
My case is FSW2.... What is CEc?