+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signature (Passport photo)

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,

I just wanna know if guarantor needs to sign only at the back of one photo and NOT both?

Also she/he can use either blue or black pen to sign at the back of photo;right?

Thanks

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:
Hi folks,

I just wanna know if guarantor needs to sign only at the back of one photo and NOT both?

Also she/he can use either blue or black pen to sign at the back of photo;right?

Thanks
Yes the guarantor needs to sign one photo only. Black or Blue does not matter.

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
He also need to write I certify this to be a true likeness of applicant name
on the back of the photo and sign it

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
canmozu said:
He also need to write I certify this to be a true likeness of applicant name
on the back of the photo and sign it
if photos are made from costco, they put stamp on back of photo "I certify this to be a true likeness of applicant" and space for guarantor sign

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zafari said:
if photos are made from costco, they put stamp on back of photo "I certify this to be a true likeness of applicant" and space for guarantor sign
Same with jean coutu

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:
Hi folks,

Thanks
yes she/he can use either black or blue and one photo
only... just a reminder as well, if you will submit a photocopy of your additional
identification like drivers licence or services card instead of sending them
your original, make sure the guarantor signs that photocy as well stating truelikeness etc same with the stamp at the back of the photo...

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leycute said:
only... just a reminder as well, if you will submit a photocopy of your additional
your original, make sure the guarantor signs that photocy as well stating truelikeness etc same with the stamp at the back of the photo...
Thanx a lot

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
It is good idea to apply for passport if you are eligible on Feb.15, 2016 which is Family day holiday in Ontario.
Crown corporation offices like Passport Canada works on that day. Many people may not be aware and it would be quick in and out to submit application form.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leycute said:
We need to submit only 1 ID, right?

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
One valid ID which include name,sex,date of birth,photo,signature and issued by federal or provincial government.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canmozu said:
One valid ID which include name,sex,date of birth,photo,signature and issued by federal or provincial government.
Thanks; This means ontarios drivers licence should be enough, right?

WatchingYou

Jan 22, 2016
Please read the instructions provided on the passport application carefully. All your questions are answered there.
The application form reads as follows:

"[The Guarantor must] Write 'I certify this to be a true likeness of (your name)' on the back of one (1) of your photos, and sign it."

"- Provide at least one (1) document to support your identity with the name, sex, date of birth, signature and photo to appear in the passport. More than one document may be used to fulfill the requirements.
- All documents submitted to support your identity must be valid and, must be issued by a federal or, provincial/territorial authority (or local equivalent abroad).
- Copies are acceptable provided your guarantor has signed and dated a copy of each document (both sides) confirming that the original document has been seen. If you are submitting original documents, they will be returned to you."

What's unclear about it?
Is your OntarioDriver's Licence issued by a provincial authority and contains you name, sex, DOB, signature and photo? I guess so, so you're good to go.