+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Showing strong ties to home country

Apr 26, 2016
Hi guys my name is Daniel I am from Colombia, and this is my situation: I live alone with my mother in a house owned by her, my mother suffers from blood hypertension but that illness is controlled through medicine, we don't have any kind of business, my mother works as a teacher in a public high school and I have literally no contact with my father, my question is cosidering this factors do you think i will be able to show strong ties to my country to get a study permit?, also I have no sinblings.....please reply to my question i really need information in this issue. :-[

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
DanielVelasquez said:
Hi guys my name is Daniel I am from Colombia, and this is my situation: I live alone with my mother in a house owned by her, my mother suffers from blood hypertension but that illness is controlled through medicine, we don't have any kind of business, my mother works as a teacher in a public high school and I have literally no contact with my father, my question is cosidering this factors do you think i will be able to show strong ties to my country to get a study permit?, also I have no sinblings.....please reply to my question i really need information in this issue. :-[
Following are considered strong ties-
Good employment opportunity/ history, assets, spouse/kids.

For your case, your mother does become a tie, but not a very strong one. Having property in her name means that you have something to come back for. If you have good job prospect, try to explain that too.

Remember that VO will look at the whole package and make an overall assessment. So do not lose hope.

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
good boy said:
Following are considered strong ties-
Good employment opportunity/ history, assets, spouse/kids.

For your case, your mother does become a tie, but not a very strong one. Having property in her name means that you have something to come back for. If you have good job prospect, try to explain that too.

Remember that VO will look at the whole package and make an overall assessment. So do not lose hope.

Hola Daniel, soy Daniel de Ecuador. Voy a escribir in English, however... As 'good boy' wrote, the whole package is something to be taken in consideration, as you could be rejected for other reasons such as funds, for example. If you have been working, then a Certificate stating that you have a job waiting for you would be a good thing as for ties to your home country. A fiancée, other family members or education on hold can also proof strong ties. But, note that you can convince the VO that your ties are your mother that needs your care as you are her only company... and her house that would eventually also need your attention. So, it all depends on how you present your case, but I would say you can make it look very good!

Hope this helps!

Regards.