showing proof of funds for ITA under CEC Class

remstaneja

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
brampton
Category........
CEC
HOW TO SHOW FUNDS FOR CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS

Hi can anybody guide me how can i show funds for express entry, I have got invitation under CEC, I am working full time from last one year in Canada. if i am thinking of depositing money in my account as of know by borrowing money from friends and relatives how should i proceed??

If i can get money from my family can i attach some kind of affidavit stating he is supporting me for this application.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
You don't have to show POF for CEC.

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Therefore you have three options:
1- Under the personal details section reduce the funds down to 0. (This will remove the POF pdf document requirement)
2- Submit an actual POF that proves all of the funds you mentioned in the personal details section.
3- Submit a LOE instead of the POF explaining that you were invited under CEC and that as per their requirements you don't need to prove any funds.

I personally went with option 1. Less documents for them to go through!

jisanmahfuz

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,
I gave an amount when I created the profile and now I dont want to show funds after getting my ITA on CEC class;
will it be fine if i dont show POF on my PR application as I have steady job since last 1.5 year? Can i attach my paystubs and Employment letter instead?

Thanks
Muhammed

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Hi,
I gave an amount when I created the profile and now I dont want to show funds after getting my ITA on CEC class;
will it be fine if i dont show POF on my PR application as I have steady job since last 1.5 year? Can i attach my paystubs and Employment letter instead?

Thanks
Muhammed
If you are still waiting for the next draw or have not received ITA yet, you can still update the information and change it to 0 from your profile,

jisanmahfuz

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I got my ITA, will it be fine if i dont show POF on my PR application as I have steady job since last 1.5 year? Can i attach my paystubs and Employment letter instead?

Thanks
Muhammed

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I got my ITA, will it be fine if i dont show POF on my PR application as I have steady job since last 1.5 year? Can i attach my paystubs and Employment letter instead?

Thanks
Muhammed

I you don't want to attach/show the POF document, ENSURE you attach a "Letter of Explanation" instead.
Explain that you are invited under CEC and you are not required to provide proof of funds.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Reactions: jes_ON