+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Showing Proof of Funds at Port of Entry

HariBS

May 21, 2016
Dear Experts,

Could you please enlighten me with your valuable comments on the below queries.

1. Providing a bank Account statement(say last 6 months) bearing a bank seal as PoF is valid? (As Citi bank in India is not providing a specific Letter for the same)

2. After showing the bank statement as a proof, can I say that I would be opening a Canadian bank account and wire transfer the amount.

3. I think I can show that I have sufficient funds for me and my family, but there is a huge difference in money now and a year back when I applied for PR. Will this be a issue?

4. Can I create a Scotia/ ICICI bank account and show the wire transfer receipt to the IO as PoF? (I dont want to do this as my hard earned money would be ideal for some time as I am planning to do only a short landing now)

Let me know your thoughts on this. And please guide me which would be the best possible solution.

With Regards.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
1. Yes, a statement with the seal may suffice. It could be for the month your landing. No need for to go 6 months back. It's weird that your bank won't give you a letter.
2. After showing PoF, you don't need to say anything. How the money moves to Canada is not the IO's concern. Just show him/her the statement and leave it at that. Some IOs don't even ask for it, but be sure to have it just in case your asked...
3. Are you talking about "time value" of money? If so, that's really your personal concern. The IO just wants to see the amount required of you depending on the size of your family.
4. If your doing a short landing, there's no need to wire money. The statement will suffice.

All the best.

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
next2015 said:
1. Yes, a statement with the seal may suffice. It could be for the month your landing. No need for to go 6 months back. It's weird that your bank won't give you a letter.
2. After showing PoF, you don't need to say anything. How the money moves to Canada is not the IO's concern. Just show him/her the statement and leave it at that. Some IOs don't even ask for it, but be sure to have it just in case your asked...
3. Are you talking about "time value" of money? If so, that's really your personal concern. The IO just wants to see the amount required of you depending on the size of your family.
4. If your doing a short landing, there's no need to wire money. The statement will suffice.

All the best.
I have read somewhere that statement from home country bank-India is not sufficient.