Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Does anybody know approximately how much "Show Money" you need in your account to be approved a month visit to Canada from the Philippines? Thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Steph C said:
Does anybody know approximately how much "Show Money" you need in your account to be approved a month visit to Canada from the Philippines? Thanks.
It sometimes does not matter how much money you have in your account. What you need to prove is that you have enough ties to want to go back or enough reason to go back to.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I agree. we had almost 50K on the bank account, and they still refused TRV because they were not satisfied with ties.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Thanks :) It's the money they had an issue with in our last refusal. I have put 3500 in the bank and added lists of family businesses and assets. This visa is one of the most frustrating and humbling things I have ever done. I shake my head thinking of all the people who have approached me while abroad thinking they would go to Canada just because it's easier then the US. Everyone thinks it's so easy and it's not!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Steph C said:
Thanks :) It's the money they had an issue with in our last refusal. I have put 3500 in the bank and added lists of family businesses and assets. This visa is one of the most frustrating and humbling things I have ever done. I shake my head thinking of all the people who have approached me while abroad thinking they would go to Canada just because it's easier then the US. Everyone thinks it's so easy and it's not!
For a month of visit I placed $3000.00 available fund on my application and showed have some more left in the bank. I traveled alone. So you should definitely have to show you can do the trip and have some left when you go back. Yes I myself am thinking it is more difficult to obtain a Canadian visit visa than the US. But both actually look for ties in your home country. It would also help if you have records of trips abroad.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
And the person who invited me submitted a statement of undertaking, to provide room and board even medicals if needed. Hope you do get your visa. It is frustrating especially if you thought you had provided iron-clad proof of everything. I got denied too the first time but seasons change :) All the best.

mlea

Nov 16, 2009
i didnt have to show how much money i had at my disposal, i got a letter from my bank manager stating that i had sufficient funds in my account to support myself for a one month visit to canada. i got my visa.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
mlea said:
i didnt have to show how much money i had at my disposal, i got a letter from my bank manager stating that i had sufficient funds in my account to support myself for a one month visit to canada. i got my visa.
Yes they do not actually ask you to show the money. You submit bank certificate to show that you have enough for the trip.

itsjap89

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2017
Med's Request
waiting..
Can I submit only balance certificate without detailed transactions statements (past 6 months)? I transferred money in last week from other accounts and i am applying for visa next week.

please advice. thanks in advance.

Apr 4, 2014
Hi. Does anybody know here if 'show money' is still a requirement or how much 'show money' is required to visit Canada when someone from there will offer me a place to stay and shoulder all of the expenses during my stay? I am still new when it comes to travelling. Much appreciated if someone from here can help me. Thanks.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ninetailedfoxp said:
Hi. Does anybody know here if 'show money' is still a requirement or how much 'show money' is required to visit Canada when someone from there will offer me a place to stay and shoulder all of the expenses during my stay? I am still new when it comes to travelling. Much appreciated if someone from here can help me. Thanks.
Strictly about money: in your circumstances when everything will be paid for you in Canada you need to show approximatly $50 per day of your stay.

However, I suppose, your problem with getting visa could not be money.

cherryblossoms

Feb 26, 2014
Hello, I have question too... If the applicant is from the Philippines, can we just show the passbook with Philippine currency?

Thanks

itsjap89

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2017
Med's Request
waiting..
itsjap89 said:
Can I submit only balance certificate without detailed transactions statements (past 6 months)? I transferred money in last week from other accounts and i am applying for visa next week.

please advice. thanks in advance.
plz reply