NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Hello Friends,

I and my husband want to move to Canada..
We both are working in IT field (SAP) since last 4 years...
We both are an MBA graduate..
Pls sugeest should we apply thru Federal route or Quebec route ?
How much cost does it include ?
Can anybode have an idea if we wud get jobs there in our field ??

Pl help, We need to decide..

-DSD

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Hi,

Please wait till Jan, 2013 as skilled immigration is on pause at the moment.

Regards,

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DSD said:
Hello Friends,

I and my husband want to move to Canada..
We both are working in IT field (SAP) since last 4 years...
We both are an MBA graduate..
Pls sugeest should we apply thru Federal route or Quebec route ?
How much cost does it include ?
Can anybode have an idea if we wud get jobs there in our field ??

Pl help, We need to decide..

-DSD
Hi, Im also a SAP / PMP Professional
I think there are SAP jobs there in Ca
for Quebec you need French, how is your level of French

thanks

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Dear nashe_31 ,
Thanks for the response..
but plesae suggest us whether we should apply thru Federal route or quebec route ??
And is there any chances of opening of category relavant to our field in Jan 2013 ; any idea on that ??

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Hey ItsBeenLongNow ....
Feeling great to hear from you.. since you are too an SAP consultant :)
What is CA , its province in canada ...
and wud we face any difficulties in finding a job in quebec ???
Regarding french knowledge.. we are yet to acquire that..
Firstly, we want decide whether we sud apply thru quebec route or we sud opt for federal route ...
Kindly suggest !!

Thanks a lot..
-DSD

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
DSD said:
Dear nashe_31 ,
Thanks for the response..
but plesae suggest us whether we should apply thru Federal route or quebec route ??
And is there any chances of opening of category relavant to our field in Jan 2013 ; any idea on that ??
Assalamualaikum,

As far as I know Quebec Immigration is also on hold till the end of March, 2013.

We really cant say what categories/NOCs will be IN after restoration of it.

Quebec Immigration didn't have any specific NOC restriction before.. U just had to acquire 57 points.

One thing is for sure, u need to have commendable grip on English and French to get maximum points for both types.

For Quebec Immigration

Visit http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html and try to find out more on Quebec Immigration..

For Federal Skilled Immigration

Please go through the following thread,
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-fsw-points-criteria-announced-new-federal-skilled-trades-class-fstc-t115576.0.html

to understand the new points system or visit cic.gc.ca.

Cheers,

Nashe

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Hey nashe_31 ,

Its bit of shocking news for us,,, that quebec is closed till march 2013...
I think these agants are so unaware of this piece of news... or they just want to make fool out of us !!!
Thanks a lot nishe for sharing this..
so it means, we wud have to wait atlst till jan for federal and till march for quebec..
By the way, will you suggest any prepararions for filing application in JAN .. Like learing frnch or english ???
Pl suggest..
That wud be of great help !!

Thanks again
-DSD

Maple Leaf SAP

Dec 10, 2012
Hey nashe_31,

A couple of things:

Demand for SAP resources is currently solid even though there are some modules which are hotter than others. The market is currently stronger out West (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton) than East (Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa).

Concerning immigration: If you are going through the Federal Skilled Worker program, you need to wait until 2013. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has stopped accepting applications for this program in July 2012. You will still need 67 point out of 94, the new rules however, will put more emphasis on language skills, age and Canadian work experience. As both of you have MBAs, you should easily get your points. As a SAP consultant you will be eligible to apply under NOC 2171.

What concerns the Quebec skilled worker program, it has been frozen for most of the candidates until end of March 2013. In your particular case however, there may be an opening as both of you hold a MBA which qualifies for 6 points for the criteria 'Area of training'. If you haven't done yet, I would strongly suggest to run through the online evaluation tool. You might be able to get enough points even with no knowledge in French at all.

A couple of things though, before you run and apply through Quebec:
- The Quebec program is a two step process: First you need to be accepted by Quebec, then you have to run through the federal route. It probably will take longer but it is also more expensive: 750$ + 156$ for each dependent (spouse, each child) for Quebec alone.
- You sign a letter of intend that you will settle in Quebec even though the permanent residency is a federal document.
- Settling and working in Quebec without any knowledge in French is difficult. With your SAP background however, you could settle at the border Quebec / Ontario (live in Quebec, work in Ontario).

I hope this helps.

mapleleafSAP.com

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Maple Leaf SAP said:
Hey nashe_31,

A couple of things:

Demand for SAP resources is currently solid even though there are some modules which are hotter than others. The market is currently stronger out West (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton) than East (Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa).

Concerning immigration: If you are going through the Federal Skilled Worker program, you need to wait until 2013. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has stopped accepting applications for this program in July 2012. You will still need 67 point out of 94, the new rules however, will put more emphasis on language skills, age and Canadian work experience. As both of you have MBAs, you should easily get your points. As a SAP consultant you will be eligible to apply under NOC 2171.

What concerns the Quebec skilled worker program, it has been frozen for most of the candidates until end of March 2013. In your particular case however, there may be an opening as both of you hold a MBA which qualifies for 6 points for the criteria 'Area of training'. If you haven't done yet, I would strongly suggest to run through the online evaluation tool. You might be able to get enough points even with no knowledge in French at all.

A couple of things though, before you run and apply through Quebec:
- The Quebec program is a two step process: First you need to be accepted by Quebec, then you have to run through the federal route. It probably will take longer but it is also more expensive: 750$ + 156$ for each dependent (spouse, each child) for Quebec alone.
- You sign a letter of intend that you will settle in Quebec even though the permanent residency is a federal document.
- Settling and working in Quebec without any knowledge in French is difficult. With your SAP background however, you could settle at the border Quebec / Ontario (live in Quebec, work in Ontario).

I hope this helps.

mapleleafSAP.com
Dear Sir,

Must say this is a fantastic response i have ever got for my query..
Thanks Thanks a ton for yoyr kind response..
Just one request : if you dnt mind , pls share your profile,,, r u frm india ? SAP which module ? have u already applied ? etc etc

Thanks again brother !!!

bainetter

Nov 26, 2012
Hi nashe_31,

It is a pleasure to help. I am from Europe and went myself through the full immigration process via Quebec a couple of years ago. After I landed in Canada with my wife I found a SAP job within a couple of weeks. Since then I have worked for a couple of companies in both consulting and end-user as a SD consultant. I am currently working on an e-book which will talk about the different steps to take to start your SAP career in Canada (visa, settling in, finding a job, current SAP market etc.) - do not hesitate to check it out (mapleleafsap.com).

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
bainetter said:
Hi nashe_31,

It is a pleasure to help. I am from Europe and went myself through the full immigration process via Quebec a couple of years ago. After I landed in Canada with my wife I found a SAP job within a couple of weeks. Since then I have worked for a couple of companies in both consulting and end-user as a SD consultant. I am currently working on an e-book which will talk about the different steps to take to start your SAP career in Canada (visa, settling in, finding a job, current SAP market etc.) - do not hesitate to check it out (mapleleafsap.com).

Like Like Like Super Like :)
Brother you have boosted my morale to a new highs..
I am frm India and we earn average income here.. Our main concern right now is after spending lacs of rupees in getting canada PR, what if we wont get proper job in canada.. lots of monetary risk involved here... brother i have 4 yrs exp right now in SAP consulting with SAP FI certification.. Do you think my exp is enough to get me decent job atlst aftr sme time of landing there ? i kw this is a very vague que , since we have not yet started process but still your ans matters a lot !! how is the current SAP job market there ?

Thanks a ton for your help...

Maple Leaf SAP

Dec 10, 2012
Hi DSD,

Sorry for the delay - Christmas time has been very busy.

I completely understand the monetary side of an immigration project. The big bucks are not spent during the visa process but more with flying over, renting your first appartment and financing your life until you have found your first job. I really recommend to build a budget which comprises all the main costs:
- visa process
- air tickets
- appartment for the first months
- settling in (furniture, opening electricity and internet contracts)
- food
- administrative fees
- quite some buffer
- and... return tickets if ever you are not able to find a job...

Another possibility is that one of you flies over alone, tries to find a job within 2 or 3 months and then the other one comes over.

4 years FI/CO is a good starting point - SAP certification (as you probably know) is only a 'very nice to have'. You will not land a job because you are certified. However, with FI/CO you are more flexible as other guys and more independent from industries. If I were you, I would give it a shot in Toronto. As soon as you are there, contact the big consulting companies like Accenture, Deloitte, IBM etc., chances are that you will fit in somewhere. After 2 years with Canadian experience you will be free like a bird, you will be able to move on (professionally and geographically). Before coming over, do not forget to check out the current market situation - you do not want to hit the ground and the market is completely down as it was in 2008/09.

Hope this helps.
mapleleafsap.com

Ajoy the king

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DSD said:
Like Like Like Super Like :)
Brother you have boosted my morale to a new highs..
I am frm India and we earn average income here.. Our main concern right now is after spending lacs of rupees in getting canada PR, what if we wont get proper job in canada.. lots of monetary risk involved here... brother i have 4 yrs exp right now in SAP consulting with SAP FI certification.. Do you think my exp is enough to get me decent job atlst aftr sme time of landing there ? i kw this is a very vague que , since we have not yet started process but still your ans matters a lot !! how is the current SAP job market there ?

Thanks a ton for your help...
quebec immigration requires french language proficiency. do u speak french?

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Ajoy the king said:
quebec immigration requires french language proficiency. do u speak french?
No NOt now, but i wud definately take fresnch lessons if i decide to give it a try for quebec even if i achieve min point without knowledge of french.

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Maple Leaf SAP said:
Hi DSD,

Sorry for the delay - Christmas time has been very busy.

I completely understand the monetary side of an immigration project. The big bucks are not spent during the visa process but more with flying over, renting your first appartment and financing your life until you have found your first job. I really recommend to build a budget which comprises all the main costs:
- visa process
- air tickets
- appartment for the first months
- settling in (furniture, opening electricity and internet contracts)
- food
- administrative fees
- quite some buffer
- and... return tickets if ever you are not able to find a job...

Another possibility is that one of you flies over alone, tries to find a job within 2 or 3 months and then the other one comes over.

4 years FI/CO is a good starting point - SAP certification (as you probably know) is only a 'very nice to have'. You will not land a job because you are certified. However, with FI/CO you are more flexible as other guys and more independent from industries. If I were you, I would give it a shot in Toronto. As soon as you are there, contact the big consulting companies like Accenture, Deloitte, IBM etc., chances are that you will fit in somewhere. After 2 years with Canadian experience you will be free like a bird, you will be able to move on (professionally and geographically). Before coming over, do not forget to check out the current market situation - you do not want to hit the ground and the market is completely down as it was in 2008/09.

Hope this helps.
mapleleafsap.com
HI Maple Leaf,
Hope u had a fantastic Christmas and new yera eve, also wishing you a vaery happy new year..
since we dnt have enough fund, we may hav to for loan...
as far as my knowledge goes, quebec route wud be much more expensive due to french and english classes . at the moment, we are just hopin for FSW to get open in May !! one other point, we have also enquired abt australia PR, for that too we both are eligible , we just need to pass IELTS with flying colors !!! Pl suggest which one wud b better for us, canada or aus ?? being in India , i think both countries have high std of living atlst for Indians...