+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should travel history include transit countries?

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Hey everyone, I have few questions about travel history form.

1. Should all the transit countries we have entered during our travels in Europe be listed, or only final destinations? We have traveled a lot using bus/car without actually stopping in some of the countries or stopping for a short break (2-3 hours), do we need to enter those too?
2. We have no way to prove exact dates of travel to some of the countries, especially if the transit countries need to be entered. Could this be a problem? Could CIC official ask something like a proof of being in specific country for a specific dates? Should we enter approximate dates?
3. Should date of leaving the country be the date of crossing the border or "beginning a departure" (like getting into a bus)?
4. If we were living in a rented apartment, and do not remember the apartment number, only the street name and building number - would this be a problem, or is it enough to enter a building in the form?
5. Am I overthinking all of this?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ALTaylor

Kishan50

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
I have the exact same question! I'm stuck there buddy! What did you do??

I had a transit in france and I went outside for 8 hours. Should I include it?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
I have the exact same question! I'm stuck there buddy! What did you do??

I had a transit in france and I went outside for 8 hours. Should I include it?
If you enter the country borders then yes you should declare it and mention the reason as ( transit).
No need to mention countries where you only transit through the airport without crossing border control

Reactions: cancanhere