+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should i update my passport in CIC or not? PR application under the LCP

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys, i passed my on last nov PR application under LCP with old passport that expire on 2014, now i renew it because there is a outreach program, now i have my new passport, should i pass this new passport (photocopy) in cic to update my passport? so the time that my open work permit approve, they will base it on my new passport that will expire on 2017? or just use the old one that expire on 2014? what is the best thing i should do? do u guys think if i am going to update my passport it will delay the processing of my application? thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yes, saves you $150 and the need to renew in 2014.

wins26 said:
hi guys, i passed my on last nov PR application under LCP with old passport that expire on 2014, now i renew it because there is a outreach program, now i have my new passport, should i pass this new passport (photocopy) in cic to update my passport? so the time that my open work permit approve, they will base it on my new passport that will expire on 2017? or just use the old one that expire on 2014? what is the best thing i should do? do u guys think if i am going to update my passport it will delay the processing of my application? thanks

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Yes, saves you $150 and the need to renew in 2014.
Do you think job_seeker, it wont delay the processing of my open work permit just incase i update it? And there is no problem with that? Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
How long ago have you sent the app package?

wins26 said:
Do you think job_seeker, it wont delay the processing of my open work permit just incase i update it? And there is no problem with that? Thanks