+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I request urgent processing after Decision Made?

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
You are saying you did not request urgent processing but asking to process your file sooner.

To me you are asking for urgent processing and there should be reason
I meant I didnt formally apply for the Urgent Processing process. I sent an email laying out why I needed the process to be done.

I emailed again on Wednesday Feb 2nd btw and got scheduled for oath the next day. A coincidence? Possibly. But it's also possible that they read the email and understood my pressing reasons

rainbowsweet

Jan 21, 2022
I meant I didnt formally apply for the Urgent Processing process. I sent an email laying out why I needed the process to be done.

I emailed again on Wednesday Feb 2nd btw and got scheduled for oath the next day. A coincidence? Possibly. But it's also possible that they read the email and understood my pressing reasons
and which email address did you send email to ?Thanks

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

Congratulations. Whatever works, man.

This is so difficult. My travel reasons do not qualify as 'urgent' under IRCC's guidelines but are pressing nevertheless. I can travel on my current passport, but don't want to be caught unawares while I'm away and rush back for the oath. As it is, travelling continues to be a pain.

Reactions: omarnabsws

HK6

Aug 5, 2018
Hi!

I got decision made on January 10th. I have an extremely important trip I need to make at the end of April that I absolutely can not miss.
Now I know it's 3 months away but considering the number of unknowns I am afraid the passport wont come on time. Oath invite can take anything from 1 week to several months after DM, and after the invite the certificate can take a while (especially since Im in Ottawa office and Ottawa is known to be very slow in sending out certificates), plus the processing of the passport, etc.

I was not planning on asking for urgent processing before I got the DM because I thought my file will drag till at least summer to be in DM, well after I got back from my travels. But now that DM came earlier than expected (7 days after i took the test), do you think it's a good idea to email Ottawa office with the ticket and my circumstances in order to expedite the oath and certificate delivery?

Any input/advice would be appreciated
Based on what you will ask on urgent processing?
if you have facts it might work ( job,..etc..)

m11nk

Aug 14, 2014
Hi!

I got decision made on January 10th. I have an extremely important trip I need to make at the end of April that I absolutely can not miss.
Now I know it's 3 months away but considering the number of unknowns I am afraid the passport wont come on time. Oath invite can take anything from 1 week to several months after DM, and after the invite the certificate can take a while (especially since Im in Ottawa office and Ottawa is known to be very slow in sending out certificates), plus the processing of the passport, etc.

I was not planning on asking for urgent processing before I got the DM because I thought my file will drag till at least summer to be in DM, well after I got back from my travels. But now that DM came earlier than expected (7 days after i took the test), do you think it's a good idea to email Ottawa office with the ticket and my circumstances in order to expedite the oath and certificate delivery?

Any input/advice would be appreciated
Yes send them email everyother day