+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I order a CBSA report?

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
I am very certain with all my entry/exit dates and have most of the stamps on my passport.. I may be missing one or two stamps but I am certain about my dates... I have copies of my flight tickets for some of my trips, entry/exit stamps from other countries.. the stamp im missing are mainly canadian entry and some american exit.. I know the guide says NOT to order the CBSA report but should I get it just incase? I know they will when they process my application... any suggestions? If I get one, should I submit it or keep it handy for the future (interview etc).. thanks

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
wanabecanadian said:
I am very certain with all my entry/exit dates and have most of the stamps on my passport.. I may be missing one or two stamps but I am certain about my dates... I have copies of my flight tickets for some of my trips, entry/exit stamps from other countries.. the stamp im missing are mainly canadian entry and some american exit.. I know the guide says NOT to order the CBSA report but should I get it just incase? I know they will when they process my application... any suggestions? If I get one, should I submit it or keep it handy for the future (interview etc).. thanks

If you get one, get it under the privacy act and do NOT submit it -- CIC will order one assuming you consent.

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
In your opinion, do you think I should get one? Or NOT since I am certain about my dates.. I am hesitating in obtaining one since the guide says NOT to.. and yes I will give CIC consent in obtaining it from CBSA.. your thoughts?

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanabecanadian said:
In your opinion, do you think I should get one? Or NOT since I am certain about my dates.. I am hesitating in obtaining one since the guide says NOT to.. and yes I will give CIC consent in obtaining it from CBSA.. your thoughts?
I authorized CIC to get my report, and yet I requested one myself to have in case I may needed...It did not affect my application, my only surprise is that Canada does not register when you leave the country, only when you enter

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Yes thats very surprising.. also noticed that they dont always stamp passport when you drive through borders when returning to canada.. infact, some airport custom procedures have become so streamlined and computerized that you process your declaration form on a computer scanner and hence do not go to a CBSA booth for the entry stamp..

Since the application says not to order the report, I am not going to send one in and will give them consent to get the report themselves.. I am confident that my dates are accurate and I have an extra 9 to 10 days buffer after 1095... If need be in the future, (interview etc), I will consider getting the report but for now I might as well send out my complete application without the report...

Any final thoughts??

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanabecanadian said:
Yes thats very surprising.. also noticed that they dont always stamp passport when you drive through borders when returning to canada.. infact, some airport custom procedures have become so streamlined and computerized that you process your declaration form on a computer scanner and hence do not go to a CBSA booth for the entry stamp..

Since the application says not to order the report, I am not going to send one in and will give them consent to get the report themselves.. I am confident that my dates are accurate and I have an extra 9 to 10 days buffer after 1095... If need be in the future, (interview etc), I will consider getting the report but for now I might as well send out my complete application without the report...

Any final thoughts??
Where in the application does it say not to send the report?

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
in the guide:

Question 9D

Check Yes box to authorize the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to provide your “history of entries to Canada” to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). By selecting Yes you are also authorising CIC to collect the history of your “entries into Canada” from the CBSA and to use the information provided by the CBSA in order to determine your citizenship eligibility.

If you choose No, you may be asked to provide additional documents later in the process which could delay the processing of your application. Please do not contact the CBSA to request your “history of entries”.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Fellas, just wanted to check with you all what you ended up doing here. I posted this in another thread as well, but wanted to see what your thoughts are on my situation:

I have few stamps missing on my passport when I entered Canada. Most of these are by road, I am not sure if CBSA reports will capture those(read somewhere on the forum that CBSA reports might miss entry records by road!). In couple of instances, I don't see a stamp for both entering US and then entering back in Canada.

1. Has anyone tried retrieving boarding passes for flights that correspond to no stamps on the passports? If yes, what is the process?

2. For entry by road, should I try and get the car rental agreements? Can anyone share their experiences on this?

3. Or maybe I am overcomplicating things. This has been a common issue and many applicants sailed through without getting a RQ!

Thanks everyone for your help.

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavasi said:
Fellas, just wanted to check with you all what you ended up doing here. I posted this in another thread as well, but wanted to see what your thoughts are on my situation:

I have few stamps missing on my passport when I entered Canada. Most of these are by road, I am not sure if CBSA reports will capture those(read somewhere on the forum that CBSA reports might miss entry records by road!). In couple of instances, I don't see a stamp for both entering US and then entering back in Canada.

1. Has anyone tried retrieving boarding passes for flights that correspond to no stamps on the passports? If yes, what is the process?

2. For entry by road, should I try and get the car rental agreements? Can anyone share their experiences on this?

3. Or maybe I am overcomplicating things. This has been a common issue and many applicants sailed through without getting a RQ!

Thanks everyone for your help.
You cannot request boarding passes for old flights. Just look for your tickets or itineraries in your email inbox.

And order the cbsa report. It helps and gives a piece of mind.

Mah*

Jul 23, 2014
wanabecanadian said:

I ordered one and had the same concern. I called CIC and asked them if I should submit it or not as it clearly said on the form not to order one. He was very friendly and said it's fine and now that I have it it doesn't do any harm to include it with my application... so I did. :)

Good luck

akhil

Jul 15, 2011
FL1040 said:
I authorized CIC to get my report, and yet I requested one myself to have in case I may needed...It did not affect my application, my only surprise is that Canada does not register when you leave the country, only when you enter
For most countries it should be stamped on your passport when you leave. If you travelled to US by land you may order from US border under FOIA.