+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I notarize bank statements, passport?

naik0806

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Hello,
I am applying online and there is 4MB limit for proof of finance.

I have taken original statements, bank letter and FD letter, all signed by bank manager and put a seal on it with signature.

Do I still need to notarize these?

I also have to put GIC and scholarship. Can I just merge PDFs?

Also, it hasn't been asked, but should I attach ITR document as well?

I might not be able to put everything in one doc.

On a separate note, I need to upload passport copy as well. Is color scan enough? Or that needs to ne notarized?

Thank you beforehand.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I have taken original statements, bank letter and FD letter, all signed by bank manager and put a seal on it with signature.

On a separate note, I need to upload passport copy as well. Is color scan enough? Or that needs to ne notarized?

Thank you beforehand.
1. Does you checklist said certified/notarized? Most don't, they say "copy". Just follow the instructions.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Hello,

Thank you beforehand.
Your bank statements and passport is not required to be notarized however the letter from the person who'd be supporting you and for whom you've taken the bank statements of ( e.g Parents ) then you have to notarize the letter.

naik0806

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Your bank statements and passport is not required to be notarized however the letter from the person who'd be supporting you and for whom you've taken the bank statements of ( e.g Parents ) then you have to notarize the letter.
ok.
Bank account is also mine. So, not needed it looks like.

Meharoof

Feb 8, 2023
Do we need to notarise letter of authorisation from spouse to show that I have access to the funds in their account for settlement in Canada?