+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I need to take picture of imitation ornaments? Pls suggest.

letsgoabroad

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2009
Doc's Request.
April, 2010
Med's Request
11 February, 2011
Med's Done....
17 February, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
9 March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24 May, 2011
LANDED..........
29 of July
Hello! I am planning to fly end of this month. As per the procedures, I will bring picture of wife's gold ornaments. One question, should I need to take picture of imitation ornament (which looks like gold but not real gold) also? Pls suggest.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
No need. Such ornaments have no resale value and therefore you don't even have to declare it. In case any customs examination takes place you can explain about it. The CBSA officers have the capability to assess the quality of it.

You need to take pictures of gold ornaments if your wife have a larger quantity than her normal use. A reasonable number of ornaments are not needed to individually listed or pictured. You can just mention approx value of her total assorted gold ornaments.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
wilson said:
Hi,
No need. Such ornaments have no resale value and therefore you don't even have to declare it. In case any customs examination takes place you can explain about it. The CBSA officers have the capability to assess the quality of it.

You need to take pictures of gold ornaments if your wife have a larger quantity than her normal use. A reasonable number of ornaments are not needed to individually listed or pictured. You can just mention approx value of her total assorted gold ornaments.
yup...thats true
asyousuf

ikteza

Oct 7, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-11
IELTS Request
09-06-10
Med's Request
12-03-13
Med's Done....
27-03-13
Passport Req..
12-09-12
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-13
hi all,

I had a small query... i just have few very light gold ornaments.. is it necessary to get them assessed with a jeweller or the bills would do along with their photographs ?

thanks