+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I inform my employer before getting the visa

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Dear Friends,

I expecting my visa to be issued in couple of weeks as I already sent my passport for stamping. I am with a reputed IT company in India and it has office in Canada as well. I am thinking of asking for trasnfer to Canada office. Have good experience of 8 years in US totally 14 years. Hopefully I may get good job in Canada. Question is should I inform my superiors abt this now itself before getting the visa ? I am not sure how they are going to take it. Hopefully they might help me to get there. Should I wait till I get my stamping done and then inform ? What you guys think ? I am not yet started applying for Canada jobs. I do find jobs in my area of expertise. Also I am learning French. That should help in finding job.

I have two options.
1. If company didn't agree for transfer, just go to Canada with family, complete the landing formality and come back. Later move to Canada when u find good job
2. if company agrees, straightaway move to Canada.

Any suggestions will be appreciated...

Thanks..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
It depends on what u want to do, timeframe wise.

If the idea is to move asap, u better give the notice NOW and start prodding ur bosses to help u out with an internal tfr, as that might take some time & perseverance.

If, what u said in the end, is ur plan... go & come back imdtly. U can relax till the pp+visa comes-in hand. But, r u sure abt it? Go & come back, then find a job & go again? It might be highly rare to get a job in Canada if u r out of the country. Most Canadian Cos. will like to hire a guy who is there & having some real-time exp. Off course, nothing is impossible, but a rarity.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
talk to them
they most probably can't hurt u know
only some help might be come
all the best