+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I go for Academics or General Express Pool way?

niki.chawla1

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
Hello everyone,

A little background of myself. I have a year plus experience in branding. I have a masters degree in marketing. Graduated in 2015. And currently am in the Process to enter the express pool once my WES gets done. I have a score of 407 with a IELTS score of
W:6.5
S:8.5
R: 8
L: 8.5.

Unfortunately, a CLB 9 score is a far fetched dream because I have already given IELTS 3 times. I'm appearing for IELTS 4th time soon. My confusion is if I should go for Academic or General given how the PNP and open pool points are as high as 500. If I apply for studying at Canada I would like to get into branding. ( Since I have an experience in Branding for over a year.) I prefer the Jan intake program. I have looked online but it seems that there are very few colleges that provide with a one year branding course. (Sadly, there is none that have Jan intake.) So my questions are the following:-

1. Is there a college that has branding in the Jan intake (if I may have missed)
2. Which college is good for branding?
3. Does a marketing course after masters give any mileage to my profile ( I want to get into Branding in the future irrespective of the course I do, since I have a year plus experience in branding in India.)
4. Is it worth taking the study option as compared to the Express entry option? (The max score that I can get is around 450, provided that I get a perfect score of CLB 9 i.e. Writing - 7, Speaking -7, Listening - 8, Reading - 7.

In one of the attempts I did get a 7 in writing but I fell short in Listening and scored 7.5 instead of 8 :(

Please give any advice on my situation which can help me take a decision.

Thanks.