+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I decline my Invitation?

sunny5868

Jan 26, 2017
I recently received my Invitation. I wrongly put the start and end date of my work experience. I put Sep 1st 07 start date but my reference letter says 1st November 07. Similarly, the end date I put in the application was 22 October 08 but the reference letter says 22nd December 08.

Should I decline the invite and get back in the pool with the correct dates?

I'll appreciate your help guys. Thanks

( I did get points for this work experience)

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
sunny5868 said:
I recently received my Invitation. I wrongly put the start and end date of my work experience. I put Sep 1st 07 start date but my reference letter says 1st November 07. Similarly, the end date I put in the application was 22 October 08 but the reference letter says 22nd November 08.

Should I decline the invite and get back in the pool with the correct dates?

I'll appreciate your help guys. Thanks

( I did get points for this work experience)
You are not loosing any points but I am still skeptical. I will let senior answer it.

You were only asked month and year not the dates.
If dates were different, not a big issue but months are different and duration is also different.

sunny5868

Jan 26, 2017
Amdavadi said:
You are not loosing any points but I am still skeptical. I will let senior answer it.

You were only asked month and year not the dates.
If dates were different, not a big issue but months are different and duration is also different.

Thanks. I'll wait for experts advice

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
sunny5868 said:
Thanks. I'll wait for experts advice
You can change the dates post ITA and write a letter of explanation stating it was an oversight on your part and that you had gotten the dates wrong for your employment. I'm pretty sure this happens quite a bit.

May I ask why the change in start dates??

sunny5868

Jan 26, 2017
arrayofhope said:
You can change the dates post ITA and write a letter of explanation stating it was an oversight on your part and that you had gotten the dates wrong for your employment. I'm pretty sure this happens quite a bit.

May I ask why the change in start dates??

This experience is a bit old. So I put the dates to the best of my knowledge. I contacted the employer for the reference letter. Once I got it, I realized I have put the wrong dates of employment. I contacted the employer to verify if those were the dates and he confirmed.

So yes, mistake was mine, not theirs

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
sunny5868 said:
This experience is a bit old. So I put the dates to the best of my knowledge. I contacted the employer for the reference letter. Once I got it, I realized I have put the wrong dates of employment. I contacted the employer to verify if those were the dates and he confirmed.

So yes, mistake was mine, not theirs
I believe this is quite common. When I first opened my EE account, I put in dates to the best of my knowledge, without realizing I had to provide letters from employers that have matching dates. I have since corrected them and got my ITA after these changes.

You were only off by a couple months and I'm sure any person can understand. Write a letter of Explanation with exactly what you said above and you should be good to go!!

tempshakir

Jan 9, 2017
Hi,

I received ITA(Draw : 453). I got all the req docs to upload except one. My wife's ECA is currently in progress. Will that be okay to have LOE instead of my wife's ECA and submit? or should I decline the application and get back to pool ?
The last day to submit application is apr 25.

Thanks

hemuriva

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Ldh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tempshakir said:
Hi,

I received ITA(Draw : 453). I got all the req docs to upload except one. My wife's ECA is currently in progress. Will that be okay to have LOE instead of my wife's ECA and submit? or should I decline the application and get back to pool ?

Thanks
If u have claimed points for ur wifes education and then u got ITA. THEN U HAVE TO DECLINE THE ITA.
BEcause wes report ll b having a late date. It ll fraud.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
tempshakir said:
Hi,

Thanks
DId you claim points for your wife's ECA? If you did not claim points for her ECA and still got your current score, then it doesn't matter. Doing wife's ECA is optional if you are the primary applicant. You dont even have to put in her scores and can even ignore her ECA.

However, if you put her ECA and got points, you clearly put in fake ECA number and wrong dates for her ECA and if you continue, you will be on your way to be banned for 5 years for misrepresentation if you do not decline.

Yes, some people do that. They put in fake numbers. It does not make any sense. To save a few weeks and then lose 5 years in the end. Wierd. :eek:

tempshakir

Jan 9, 2017
I havent claimed points for her before.

Initially when I got the ITA, my wife was unaccompanying spouse. As she got her bachelors degree certificate in first week of april. I am planning to add her as accompanying spouse. My score with out my wife was 478 and If I add her its 459. Draw score is 453. The only blocker for me here is her ECA document which is in progress.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
tempshakir said:
I havent claimed points for her before.

Initially when I got the ITA, my wife was unaccompanying spouse. As she got her bachelors degree certificate in first week of april. I am planning to add her as accompanying spouse. My score with out my wife was 478 and If I add her its 459. Draw score is 453. The only blocker for me here is her ECA document which is in progress.
Even if she is accompanying you, it is not compulsory to do her ECA since you are primary.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Yes. Or better still, don't even add her ECA! If you dont add it, you have nothing to explain?