+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should i change my spousal sponsorship Application type?

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
I had applied to Sponsor my wife and submitted the application to the IRCC on March 30, 2020. At that time my wife was in Pakistan while i was in Canada therefore it made sense to select and choose to apply under the Outland Spousal Sponsorship Application. After 14 months, the IRCC finally returned my application back to me citing that one application form was missing and the checklist that i had used was out dated and therefore i needed to reapply by submitting a full complete application.

However my wife has received a 4 year Temporary Residence Visa and i plan to bring her to Canada in the first week of August. I am now debating and thinking that given that she will now be able to live in Canada with me for the next 4 years for 6 months at a time and then leave and re-enter the country, would it not be wise to submit an in land spousal sponsorship application form rather than an outland spousal sponsorship application? What are the pros and cons?

frange

May 25, 2018
1- Inland
- Open Work permit (eligible)
- Be with your family in Canada
-Health card ( under certain conditions)
- Travel restrictions (cons)
-Process takes times (Cons)

2-Outland
-Quicker
-Travel easily
-No Pros anymore
-Not able to work in Canada while in visit

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
1- Inland

2-Outland
-Quicker
-Travel easily
-No Pros anymore
The Open work permit is a blessing. If I knew…:(

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
1- Inland

2-Outland
-Quicker
-Travel easily
-No Pros anymore
Why does an inbound spousal sponsorship application take more time than an outbound spousal sponsorship application? Isn't it more reassuring for the IRCC knowing that a spouse is actually in the country?

frange

May 25, 2018
Why does an inbound spousal sponsorship application take more time than an outbound spousal sponsorship application? Isn't it more reassuring for the IRCC knowing that a spouse is actually in the country?
A "Thank you" for the response wouldn't hurt actually.

You better ask IRCC to know the " WHY".

Last edited: