Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
So,

You know the question around "how did your relationship develop?"

In that question my husband also included our future plans while he is living in Canada including getting more education and working part-time to support our family in order to evenutally find something in his field. He already has a master's degree, and probably will enrol in a phD or something else if he is not able to find jobs. We have decided that he will not waste time doing odd jobs.

I am now worried because one of the members' application got denied and CIC is concerned that the intention of the applicant is to further his career and economical situation.

Now I am not sure if I was even clear enough that the intention for furthering education is only if he is not able to find jobs in his field. :(

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
In a spousal application, it is more important to display (a) the strength of relationship (how long you have been together, have good relations with extended family) and (b) the trust factor (own properties, accounts/investments jointly or share bills etc) These go towards proving that the relationship is genuine. If your spouse already has a steady job, then "waiting out to get a job in his field" would not necessarily mean that his intention is to further his career/economical situation. Every one will have the ambition to succeed. This plays a part only when the officer has doubts on the relationship (marriage of convenience).

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
um no. this is a classic example of how reading other people's stories create panic. just because another applicant who is planning to attend university or go back to school had an issue with approval does NOT mean everyone who plans to continue their education is going to have an issue.

If you are freaking out about the story shared in the us applicant thread, then let's review the facts.

you said your husband plans to continue his education IN CANADA while he lives there as a pr, correct? well, that's NOT the same as what happened in the other story recently shared. if you read the story carefully, you'd know that that applicant got rejected at the border because CBSA realized that the SPONSOR AND APPLICANT plan to study and work in the US, NOT in Canada for an undetermined amount of time. That couple had 5 months to get their stuff in order and make a plan, and quite frankly they planned poorly. if they wanted to continue studying and working in the us, then a) they shouldn't have applied for pr so soon or b)they could have traveled to Canada TOGETHER for landing, stayed for a bit, then returning to the us to finish everything up.

This case has nothing to do with your case. even if this wasn't the case you're talking about, each situation is unique. you are not going to get rejected because your husband wants to continue his education IN CANADA AS A PERMANENT RESIDENT. stop assuming EVERYONE'S experience and application mirrors your own. it doesn't. you don't know the details of other people's applications, and you are not involved in the experiences that have a negative impact on someone else's application.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
um no. this is a classic example of how reading other people's stories create panic. just because another applicant who is planning to attend university or go back to school had an issue with approval does NOT mean everyone who plans to continue their education is going to have an issue.

let's review the facts. you said your husband plans to continue his education IN CANADA while he lives there as a pr, correct? well, that's NOT the same as what happened in the other story recently shared. if you read the story carefully, you'd know that that applicant got rejected at the border because CBSA realized that the SPONSOR AND APPLICANT plan to study and work in the US, NOT in Canada for an undetermined amount of time. That couple had 5 months to get their stuff in order and make a plan, and quite frankly they planned poorly. if they wanted to continue studying and working in the us, then a) they shouldn't have applied for pr so soon or b)they could have traveled to Canada TOGETHER for landing, stayed for a bit, then returning to the us to finish everything up.

This case has nothing to do with your case. each situation is unique. you are not going to get rejected because your husband wants to continue his education IN CANADA AS A PERMANENT RESIDENT. stop assuming EVERYONE'S experience and application mirrors your own. it doesn't.
I would agree that reading other's stories definitely create panic and I try not to focus as each situation is different. This is by the way another refusal that I am referring to. Not the CBSA -

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
warzo said:
I would agree that reading other's stories definitely create panic and I try not to focus as each situation is different. This is by the way another refusal that I am referring to. Not the CBSA -
it doesn't matter what story that is concerning you. the fact remains, you can't base your chances on approval on other people's applications. you don't know what the exact circumstances were that lead to the rejection, and you don't know what information is being "left out" when shared.

all cic cares about is whether an applicant plans to settle in Canada with their sponsor. they don't care what their life plans are beyond that as long as it's not illegal or hurting citizens or the country.

stop focusing on reasons why you will be rejected and focus on your goals with your spouse. in the end, it all works out.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
again, you can't base your chances on approval on other people's applications. you don't know what the exact circumstances were that lead to the rejection, and you don't know what information is being "left out" when shared.

all cic cares about is whether an applicant plans to settle in Canada with their sponsor. they don't care what their life plans are beyond that as long as it's not illegal or hurting citizens or the country.

stop focusing on reasons why you will be rejected and focus on your goals with your spouse. in the end, it all works out.
Thank you so much for the postivity here. :)