+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I be happy or terrifyed?

jordana

May 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

I received my AIP last month and today (August 10th) a letter has arrived from CIC: (I'm applying in the INLAND category)

"We are happy to inform you that we have finished processing your application, Quebec's Immigration Center will contact you about your Permanent resident status"
THey tell me that I will have to bring my original pieces of identity to the appointment.

WHat on earth this means? HELP PLEASE! I don't know if I should be happy or freaked.
Does anybody knows where is Québec Immigration center?
IS this the Interview?

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
jordana said:
Hi!

I received my AIP last month and today (August 10th) a letter has arrived from CIC: (I'm applying in the INLAND category)

"We are happy to inform you that we have finished processing your application, Quebec's Immigration Center will contact you about your Permanent resident status"
THey tell me that I will have to bring my original pieces of identity to the appointment.

WHat on earth this means? HELP PLEASE! I don't know if I should be happy or freaked.
Does anybody knows where is Québec Immigration center?
IS this the Interview?
Yaaayy!. sounds like good news. If they asked you to arive with id than chances are you will be granted PR. i would be doing the happy dance if i were you :D

jordana

May 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really?

They don't say if they approved me as a PR or not. They say that that decision is gonna be made during the interview.

IS that normal?

C

cchabert

If they decline your aplication why bother to call you to go in person? Be ready for the good news!

addntox

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
It's normal you'll get a landing interview in the next 1 - 2 months it
takes 10 - 15 mins and you become a PR. Exactly the same letter I got 4 weeks before I landed at the local office

I

iarblue

Yes they just ask you to bring originals so they can compare them to the copies,so bring your originals and passports.They may tell you to come back in a few hours to retrieve them.But i will never tell you that you are approved because nobody knows,lets hope.Good luck in the interview.

addntox

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
The letter you recieved is NOT a procedural fairness interview letter. When inland CIC vegreville finish processing your app they transfer the file to the local CIC for a landing appointment or "interview" a procedural fairness letter is totally different and comes from your local office. And these interviews take anything up to 2 years.

You'll get a letter in a few weeks or maybe even next week it varies telling you to bring 2 photos, passport, RPRF, your current status document (visitor/work permit) and your spouse.

The interview consists of checking the COPR answering 3 questions paying the fee and signing the COPR. Also you can log into ECAS and u will see decision made instead of in process if you need further assurance.

So congrats it won't be long now

don't worry about the final determination stuff all that means is as long as you haven commuted a crime recently, or have any undeclared dependants nothing will change you'll land as a PR. It's quite a pleasant experience

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
Congrats on your Interview sounds like good news..Here is to hoping you will be landing very shortly :D Good luck

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
If you have AIP, then this is just your formal landing interview.

Go to the Immigration office, get a short 'welcome to Canada talk', wait to be called up, show your passport, visa etc, sign the COPR paper and get a Welcome to Canada from the IO.

Its really simple, easy and my god holding that paper is the bestest thing in the world.

Congrats......you will soon be a PR of Canada.

addntox

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
yup its almost a let down after all the worry lol. I wanted a chorus of VO's singing and dancing "you're in, you're in welcome to canada" alas it was not to be. But walking out of there with the COPR in hand was a most terrific experience, the releif, the joy. The knowing we held our ground as a couple and we got through it :)