+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I apply for Travel Document?

harupit200281

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Friends,
Starting with the far most history.. My wife became PR in 2005. At that time she was accompanying her parents to Canada. In 2005 itself she returned back to our home country to get married with me. After marriage she came with me to a country in Arabian Gulf as I was working there. Now, after some time I changed the job so I moved to other country in Arabian Gulf but she went to india for some months as her family was still struggling in Canada to get settled. After some months, she came to me in Arabian gulf and we stayed happily. Time moved on and her family got settled lately.

The exact story is... I was not fond of Canada as I didnt want to go to new place start struggle all over again. So I never applied for PR for my self. In 2009, when my wife was pregnant she went to canada. Our daughter was born in Canada and is a canadian citizen. Now, when I went for the first time to canada (On visit visa TRV), I liked the place... that is in 2009. So, I asked my wife to sponsor me. In 2010 june, I became PR of Canada. But I was still not in condition to leave my current job. So we came back to a country in Arabian Gulf where I was working. In next year, I decided that we will go to Canada and I will study in one of the raputed business schools in Canada. I appeared for GMAT and score 92%ile. I applied to the best school in canada, got interview call and got rejected after interview by that school. I am applying for another shool which is starting in May. I am 99% sure that I will get accepted there.

The problem is my PR is valid but my wife's PR is expired now. We want to go to Canada in May forever. Also my wife's mother's helth is in a bad shape so she is also in need of assitance from my wife. We have planned that I will join business school and my wife will take care of her mother and our daughter (She will be entering shool in some months from now)

I have two choices:
1. Apply for Travel docuement for my wife (Which may get rejected looking into the case. She has been in Canada close to 300 days)

2. She let the PR go, we apply for multiple entry TRV and then re-apply for new PR application for my wife.

Can someone please advise me what will be the best option in our case here?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try to apply for a travel document. If refused, appeal based on her having a PR husband and Canadian children and wanting to re-settle in Canada now. If you have your acceptance by then, send it too as to prove that you are planning on going to Canada now. If the appeal is refused and she loses her PR, she can apply for a TRV. It is usually very hard to get a TRV for a spouse, especially when they know this is not a temporary stay, she wants to go to Canada for good this time. Your last option would be to go to Canada alone and sponsor her.