File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You can go ahead and apply - you will not be penalized for your birthday after the ITA is issued.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/invite.asp

"Change for which candidates are not penalized for losing points:

Candidate’s birthday occurs after an ITA was issued (see the Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA section)."

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing. You have qualified for ITA.

You are good to go.

"An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR."

walaa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
Even if the time between the ITA and my birthday is too short as you can see,,, only few hours

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walaa said:
Even if the time between the ITA and my birthday is too short as you can see,,, only few hours
yes as quoted by members above you are okay you can apply this would not affect your Scores as you have received an ITA Prior to your birthday .

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walaa said:
I would stress again as I see your confusion that "You are under the public policy exemption! Officers should consider applying public policy exemption even if you don't meet criteria, and your score fall below the lowest ITA score, provided it is due to birthday."

Moreover, the ministerial instructions are saying "(2) Foreign nationals who, on April 19, 2017, at 12:23:45 UTC, have been assigned a total of 415 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence."

walaa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
Thank you so much,, appreciating your great help & support
Thanks

masumah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
my sitiation is as follow; kindly guide me what to do;
i had filed an EE aaplication as married but 'not accompanying spouse' status. i was at 435. on 12th april, i got an ita and also an ontario noi. my problem is that my husand's eca was still in progress when i received the ita. now i want to change the status of my profile to 'accompanying'. can i add his eca report now, which is expected in a few more days? without his eca my score would drop to 421 which is lower than the cut off for that draw.
secondly, i want to inquire that if i proceed with the oinp then what will i have to do? if i apply for oinp with the changed status, will i still be able to get the nominee?
i m in an extreme dillemma. please guide me what to do?
decline the ita? accept it as it is and travel without my spouse and apply for him through family sponsorship program? go for oinp? or will the post draw eca report be still counted??
please please give a comprehensive reply senior members!

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
masumah said:
i had filed an EE aaplication as married but 'not accompanying spouse' status. i was at 435. on 12th april, i got an ita and also an ontario noi. my problem is that my husand's eca was still in progress when i received the ita. now i want to change the status of my profile to 'accompanying'. can i add his eca report now, which is expected in a few more days? without his eca my score would drop to 421 which is lower than the cut off for that draw.
secondly, i want to inquire that if i proceed with the oinp then what will i have to do? if i apply for oinp with the changed status, will i still be able to get the nominee?
decline the ita? accept it as it is and travel without my spouse and apply for him through family sponsorship program? go for oinp? or will the post draw eca report be still counted??

--- Decline ITA
--- Wait for ECA of your Husband and meanwhile
--- Add him as accompanying and make a new profile.
--- With current ITA trends you could get ITA in very next draw.
--- Going with OINP is same as ultimately you will go through all the process from same channel. OINP is not a shortcut
--- With your score you can actually travel with your Husband and go through all the hassle in one go, then why would you consider travelling without him and getting him under your sponsorship while you are alone there etc etc.

If your score becomes lower than the cut off by changing an item, then your application will be rejected.

Good luck.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
masumah said:
The most recent cutoff score for the ITA (today) was 415. There's no guarantee it will remain that low, but it has consistently been declining.

I agree with farazafzal - your best course is to decline the ITA, change your husband's status to accompanying, and add his ECA report when you get it. Your NOI from Ontario would still be valid.

If your score is high enough to get the ITA without going through the OINP process, then you could consider skipping the OINP. But if you want the extra security, you should submit the OINP application.

masumah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
farazafzal said:
--- Decline ITA
--- Wait for ECA of your Husband and meanwhile
--- Add him as accompanying and make a new profile.
--- With current ITA trends you could get ITA in very next draw.
--- Going with OINP is same as ultimately you will go through all the process from same channel. OINP is not a shortcut
--- With your score you can actually travel with your Husband and go through all the hassle in one go, then why would you consider travelling without him and getting him under your sponsorship while you are alone there etc etc.

Thanks a lot! Glad to see u r frm Pk..I am also from Lahore,Pakistan..please need ur suggestion on an idea which is in my mind;
I was at 435 without spouse accompanying and got ita in 12th April draw which was at 423..I thought I could update my profile after husband's eca would complete but just got to know that his eca should have been done by the date of the draw..this was quite a setback for me..without his eca,I m at 421--lower than that draw's cutoff..now wat I have thought is that to decline the ita n again get back in pool at 435..by next draw I might even have his eca..then InshaAllah if I get an ita, after draw I will be able to make changes because as per my information, any changes can be made until n unless it doesn't take ur score below the cut off n I really hope cut off will be around today's score.. what do u suggest?

masumah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
jes_ON said:
The most recent cutoff score for the ITA (today) was 415. There's no guarantee it will remain that low, but it has consistently been declining.

I agree with farazafzal - your best course is to decline the ITA, change your husband's status to accompanying, and add his ECA report when you get it. Your NOI from Ontario would still be valid.

If your score is high enough to get the ITA without going through the OINP process, then you could consider skipping the OINP. But if you want the extra security, you should submit the OINP application.
Thank u so much for the reply..plz tell me what if I join back again as non accompanying at crs 435 n if next draw remains around today's crs or even a bit higher, I can edit my profile post ita as then hopefully it won't go below the cutoff score.. but to be on safer side..I want to stick with 435
For the oinp..since I got it with "non accompanying spouse" status..would it not be representation if I apply for it with spouse as accompanying..this is another reason why I m not editing my profile straight away.. kindly guide me with ur precious insight n valuable suggestions! Thanking in advance