+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short Stay Accomodation at Toronto

amathen

May 6, 2010
Cochin, Kerala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The cost is 1 months rent +$300 for a private apartment or house ... or $1000 per person if it is shared accomodation (for students). The standard rate for finding an apartment is usually 1 months rent to a R/E broker but we charge a little bit more for 2 reasons .. 1. for new immigrants getting a decent place is much more difficult and 2. for all the other extra services that we provide

al.mathen @ imcanvisa.com

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
I have reserved accommodation in Safehomestay. The rent details are given in their website, which was provided by Qorax in one of his earlier thread.

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Dear Amathen,
Request you to detail out the exact cost for a months, including all the facilities

I hope if should be far less compare to Safehomestay, which could make us happy to approach you!!

Thanks,
Nad

jerry2121

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
amathen said:
The cost is 1 months rent +$300 for a private apartment or house ... or $1000 per person if it is shared accomodation (for students). The standard rate for finding an apartment is usually 1 months rent to a R/E broker but we charge a little bit more for 2 reasons .. 1. for new immigrants getting a decent place is much more difficult and 2. for all the other extra services that we provide

al.mathen @ imcanvisa.com
Hi, Can you provide me a nice neighbourhood around Toronto area that will have easy access(Bus or Train accesss) to the Downtown area? I will be moving by 1st week of november..
Let me have a number where I can reach you and please describe the Apartments(example 1 bedroom/suite/studio) you have at the moment with their prices.. Also I will like to know if the come with utilities paid.
thanks.. hope to hear from you.

Derry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jerry2121 said:
Hi, Can you provide me a nice neighbourhood around Toronto area that will have easy access(Bus or Train accesss) to the Downtown area? I will be moving by 1st week of november..
Let me have a number where I can reach you and please describe the Apartments(example 1 bedroom/suite/studio) you have at the moment with their prices.. Also I will like to know if the come with utilities paid.
thanks.. hope to hear from you.
North York would be your best bet, vis-a-vis commute.

1. Downtown: congested & pricier - better avoided.
2. Scarborough: avoid - unless u have friends/relatives there.
3. Mississauga/Brampton: could be far, needing a car.
4. Markham: Ok - but a Chinese enclave, if u aren't one.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Derry,

I live right downtown and believe me, it is not as you picture it. It is a very pleasant place to live, despite all the events and stuff, yet a very safe place and the most high educated and wealthy people of entire Toronto, actually live and reside in and around downtown neighbourhoods, no offence off course, but North York is just like a Ghetto and although the townhomes and houses in the surrounding subs are nice and offers a lot of green area's and parks, yet it is and has become like a huge ghetto and a whole city on itself which is NOT Toronto.

North York is a good area to live and settle in but am sure he also shall need a car and owning a car isn't that cheap for a new immigrant in town!

So, if you weigh the options, You pay still a little less on a rental in downtown or around it, than in total living in the far north subs and having a car!

or if using subway, one shall need to pay like 120$ a month for a Public Transit card and in case both partners need to use the subway to get around and do their stuff in the beginning and early 2, 3 months until settled downed, the total amount that is due and is paid on all this will be FAR more than if 've chose for a home in downtown and using no subway and/or no need to own a car or pay for parking either.

I live downtown, have not used Subway more than 2x (to go to North York for family visit) and walk around everywhere and it is safe, cosy, fun, lovely and keeps your mind busy and OH SO GOOD for networking.

Don't forget one more thing: the best jobs are the hidden jobs in Canada, if you can network and find friends, especially in downtown, you 've a job like THAT! ;D

Derry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@CharlotteJ

Ma'am, My one condo is in King/Spadina (resided long, but lately rented-out & moved to Mississauga), my other is in Yonge/Sheppard, while my office is on Dundas (currently thinking of moving it further west). However, what u say is perfectly alright. It was just my opinion.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Dundas is a very busy place as well as King/Spadina. So yes, all the reason to say so, but there are plenty of other places in downtown that are less crowded and quaint gorgeous places to live. :)

jamshad

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
nadahmedk said:
babutv2000,

How many days did u stay in safehomestay and what was the approximate cost

Is the Kitchen there wichi is common for how many families

Regards,
Nad
I have a family with 3 children ages below 13 years, i want to stay in scarborough toronto. Can someone guide me for suitable short stay guest house/appartment?

mapplelover

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-8-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-06-2012, VISA 11-06-2012, PP Arrived 20-06-2012
Can we give Motel6 address for the PRC?

simesmeak

Nov 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apartments2book is an established provider of apartments in downtown Toronto, either for temporary rental or longer stays. We offer a range of great value for money options to luxury budget in the best locations downtown, including studio apartments, economy, besides 1 and 2 bedrooms with living room and a fully equipped kitchen with a wonderful selection flexible rental condominiums.

maapl

Feb 22, 2010
I came across a short-term stay guest house by name "All Days Guest House"
http://www.alldayshouse.com/alldays1.html
Finch Ave E. /Don Mills St. Toronto, Ontario, Canada M2H2X2
Has anyone stayed there / any feedback.

maapl

Feb 22, 2010
Has anyone received PR/SIN card by providing address of Studio6 at Mississauga ? Do they offer mail forwarding service (at a fee) if we move to a different address after few weeks.

virgiemaricel

Jul 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2005
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
19-10-2010/ sent to CEM on 4-11-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
@ Qorax & Derry: We're a family of 3: me, my husband and a 1 yr old baby. We want a private room with bathroom and ok with us if kitchen/ laundry and other amenities are shared. Ok also if condo; only if we're the only ones occupying the flat. Which would you recommend arounf North York area? Thanks!