+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

she was listed as dependent child, what will happen to her application process

dumdum

Jun 28, 2009
Hi. I live in Pakistan have an MBA degree and currently am working as HR Officer with well reputed company. I am supposed to get married in December this year. My to-be wife have already applied for Canadian immigration. Her father applied like 6 years ago and now they have got the call and embassy have asked them to submit IELTS score and then they will give them dated for medical etc. Embassy also asked them about any change in marital status of kids.

My question is then when they applied for immigration she was listed as dependent child. Will it better to get married at this stage and inform embassy accordingly, or wait till they get the visa and they make an entry in canada and then she sponsor me as spouse. I have heard that sponsor takes more time and its batter to get married during process. Will it effect her application status in any way + how much time will it require for me to get visa if we get married now.

Thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Postpone the marriage. If she gets married, she is no longer a dependent child and will not get a visa to go with the family. It is better to let her go with the family and get her PR, then she can marry you and sponsor you later.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
She will not get her visa, if got married