+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sharing personal experience

bishu25

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
dear friends, wanted to share some personal experiences.so writing this.

[b]when i thought to apply for fsw immigration[
went to the consultancy but they demanded much money.(more than 2 lakhs) then i planned to apply self. and gave intrest ahead of consult... but gained as much as information about canada immigration. they believed me that i will apply through their consultancy and gave me information. i studied and did some research work n found that it is not a big deal to apply self just have to give some intrest to research in internet. then downloaded the forms and analized what should be filled up on those forms. when i crossed the 1 month of research i decided that it is so easy and normal to apply because everything and every part .aspects are inside the "www.cic.gc.ca".
so thought why people gave money to consultancy? i applied myself and now the result is i became a pr of canada. not only this i also saved the money by which i can buy tickets for my family( 3 family members).
i m writing this to people who is trying to aply n thinking to apply. pls think about it. whatever u will be confused about u will know from gov website. and u will find more by discussing in this forum. many great members are here to help u. so pls take advantage of this discussion forum.
thanks.

maccy81

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
Not received
IELTS Request
Done already
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
20-05-10 (dated April 19, 2010) & 27-12-10 (Child)
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
Waived (I guess)
Passport Req..
03-07-11
I completely agree with bishu....its not a big deal to apply without a consultant.

All the info is available on the guidance notes and cic website. Just prepare your case keeping in mind the things you would check if you were given an immigration case to review.

Also the problem with most of the consultant is that they delay the case from their end a lot and never provide appropriate and timely feedback to the applicant.

bishu25 said:
dear friends, wanted to share some personal experiences.so writing this.

[b]when i thought to apply for fsw immigration[
went to the consultancy but they demanded much money.(more than 2 lakhs) then i planned to apply self. and gave intrest ahead of consult... but gained as much as information about canada immigration. they believed me that i will apply through their consultancy and gave me information. i studied and did some research work n found that it is not a big deal to apply self just have to give some intrest to research in internet. then downloaded the forms and analized what should be filled up on those forms. when i crossed the 1 month of research i decided that it is so easy and normal to apply because everything and every part .aspects are inside the "www.cic.gc.ca".
so thought why people gave money to consultancy? i applied myself and now the result is i became a pr of canada. not only this i also saved the money by which i can buy tickets for my family( 3 family members).
i m writing this to people who is trying to aply n thinking to apply. pls think about it. whatever u will be confused about u will know from gov website. and u will find more by discussing in this forum. many great members are here to help u. so pls take advantage of this discussion forum.
thanks.

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
Hi all,

I've second bishu25. I tried to start my immigration process through a consultant but they are really expensive and I did that because I thought it was really difficult. So, I did exactly the same as bishu25 (start researching by my own) and finally noticed that is easier than I expected. I would only recommend to use one if your case is really complicated (criminal records involved or commited offenses to the Canadian goverment). But the PR process is not to bad and just following the CIC instructions contained in www.cic.gc.ca it's enough and if more clarification is needed, you may ask for suggestions to all the people in this forum, they have help me a lot and that's why I try to help others too!!!!. I'm convinced that even paying some to make your paperwork, they may still make mistakes in your application, so paying a consultant would not guarantee a 100% error free application as I've seen people complaining their representatives about it. Get interested in your case, I'm sure that no one will give more attention and importance than the applicant him(her)self.

erikvirgo

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Transferred to LA October 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010 (date recvd by CHC Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010 1st AOR & 120day starts
AOR Received.
04-11-2010 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
24-02-2010 Transfer to Buffalo VO
Med's Request
22-11-2011 (Recevied from LA VO)
Med's Done....
22-12-2011 (Received by Ottawa)
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2012
LANDED..........
31-July-2012
I totally agree.
Beside a total waste of money, the logic is if you don't understand how to apply for the PR yourself, highly likely that you find it hard or it will be slower for you to integrate to the Canadian Systems (be it socially, professionally, etc) when you become a Canadian PR.
Only you who knows about yourself the best- go an extra mile to understand the requirements (i.e. improve your skills in reading, understanding, and searching in English language), learn from other senior members here and take advantage of the wealth of knowledge in this forum is much better than to give the application process to some one else. It will be more rewarding too.

tridmax

Sep 30, 2009
Better to apply yourself. It's so easy and if you go to website, they gave information each and everything. We applied ourselfs and we got PR and PR Cards as well.
Best of luck guys and don't waste your money with consultants.