+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sharing our experience applying for a TRV for a parent (Philippines)

LLJ

Dec 27, 2011
Just sharing my experience with the TRV application for my mom coming from the Philippines. She is 62 years old, no asset whatsoever and basically I have been providing for her financial needs for 15 years now. I am currently pregnant. Myself and husband are both PR, both still working and have just a little savings to show in our bank account. We made an invitation letter for my mom stating that we would love for her to come over to provide family support in time for my delivery. We also said that we will be responsible for all of her expenses, and that we intend for her to stay with us for 6 months. This letter was not notarized or anything, just signed by myself and husband. Apart from our identifications, we did provide a copy of our certifcate of employment letters, T2, paystubs and our not-so-chunky bank statement. Also a copy of my mom's and myself's joint bank statement in the Philippines to establish that I have been supporting her all along albeit this bank account is like a pass-through of funds only, no balance. If there is only one edge we are counting on for the approval, it was her travel history - she's traveled to Australia for 3 months a few years back. Thankfully our application was approved in less than a week's time after biometrics submission.

I guess what I am trying to say is that to those intending to sponsor a family member (particularly parents) for a TRV in Canada, just be truthful with your application / declaration. Don't be intimidated if your invitee does not have the funds - just collect documents that you think will help demonstrate your capability to host. Making-up funds on your invitee's name just because you read somewhere here that chances of getting approved is slim if your family does not have a fund of their own will only jeopardize your application. Additionally, putting as a purpose of the visit - family support for child delivery or family assistance in the caring of a new born child is perfectly fine, please don't listen to those that are saying it may not be a compelling reason to convince a visa officer. And oh, it is my understanding that people working in a visa office/consulate/embassy are citizens of the country they represent hence I do not believe that it is a big deal which country you are applying from as these officers have the same training. I think that it would only differ country-to-country if your fellow countrymen has some sort history of violating immigration laws of the country they intend to go to in which case visa officers maybe a little stringent :)

Aamurao14

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
SK
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30 June 2016
AOR Received.
20 October 2016
Med's Request
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017
Congratulations! That was so inspiring.

May I know how many days did it take for the approval after biometrics?

Aamurao14

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
SK
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30 June 2016
AOR Received.
20 October 2016
Med's Request
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017
Hi! Approval came out almost 3 business days after biometrics.
Thank you so much for your response, hopefully to get an aproval too today or tomorrow. Congratulations again!

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Just sharing my experience with the TRV application for my mom coming from the Philippines. She is 62 years old, no asset whatsoever and basically I have been providing for her financial needs for 15 years now. I am currently pregnant. Myself and husband are both PR, both still working and have just a little savings to show in our bank account. We made an invitation letter for my mom stating that we would love for her to come over to provide family support in time for my delivery. We also said that we will be responsible for all of her expenses, and that we intend for her to stay with us for 6 months. This letter was not notarized or anything, just signed by myself and husband. Apart from our identifications, we did provide a copy of our certifcate of employment letters, T2, paystubs and our not-so-chunky bank statement. Also a copy of my mom's and myself's joint bank statement in the Philippines to establish that I have been supporting her all along albeit this bank account is like a pass-through of funds only, no balance. If there is only one edge we are counting on for the approval, it was her travel history - she's traveled to Australia for 3 months a few years back. Thankfully our application was approved in less than a week's time after biometrics submission.

I guess what I am trying to say is that to those intending to sponsor a family member (particularly parents) for a TRV in Canada, just be truthful with your application / declaration. Don't be intimidated if your invitee does not have the funds - just collect documents that you think will help demonstrate your capability to host. Making-up funds on your invitee's name just because you read somewhere here that chances of getting approved is slim if your family does not have a fund of their own will only jeopardize your application. Additionally, putting as a purpose of the visit - family support for child delivery or family assistance in the caring of a new born child is perfectly fine, please don't listen to those that are saying it may not be a compelling reason to convince a visa officer. And oh, it is my understanding that people working in a visa office/consulate/embassy are citizens of the country they represent hence I do not believe that it is a big deal which country you are applying from as these officers have the same training. I think that it would only differ country-to-country if your fellow countrymen has some sort history of violating immigration laws of the country they intend to go to in which case visa officers maybe a little stringent :)
Hi,

I was wondering how did you prove her strong ties to home? I have a single mother who has been a homemaker and lives with my brother in India. She has FDs and savings in her bank account. Rest I have nothing to prove her strong ties to home.

Could you elaborate on what you had mentioned in your application? Thanks!