+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sharing my experience for PR Renewal !

ajoshi

Jan 19, 2006
hello All,
Just wanted to share my ride to renewal of PR card !!

became PR in Jan 2008

out of country almost 3 years and 2 months
came back to canada in june 20, 2011

since than in canada only 12 days out of canada which i have solid proof with exit and entry stamp :

been working in canada every since.

PR expired in Feb 2013

completed 769 days and applied for PR renewal

Applied for PR renewal ( REQUESTED for URGENT PROCESS)

Aug 23, 2013 they have started our pr renewal

today On Aug 28, 2013 when i checked my status :

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 23, 2013.

2.We started processing your application on August 23, 2013.

3.Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on August 26, 2013, and will be issued shortly. Although the majority of permanent resident cards are mailed directly to applicants, it is possible that a card be sent to a CIC office as part of the quality assurance program. If this is your case, you will receive a notice asking you to pick up your card at the CIC office nearest you.

hope fully this will help every one.

my speacial thanks to LEON and other who have posted their experience this forum is really help full.

and one thing is most important when sending the documents make sure its in order and you have completed 730 + days in last five years ( even your pr expired thats okay just make you complete 730+ days in canada and keep the copy of your evey move in the country as a proof ) 99.99% will have positive reply from CIC.

hushraj

Sep 7, 2013
Hi Aj

I am also planing to enter after a gap of three years, can you share your experience of dealing with immigration officer, as he/she would have calculated number of days you were in Canada and would have thought you will not meet residency obligation. Di you have any problem during your first entry after three years or second time when you left for 12 days, Thanks

ajoshi said:
hello All,
Just wanted to share my ride to renewal of PR card !!

became PR in Jan 2008

out of country almost 3 years and 2 months
came back to canada in june 20, 2011

since than in canada only 12 days out of canada which i have solid proof with exit and entry stamp :

been working in canada every since.

PR expired in Feb 2013

completed 769 days and applied for PR renewal

Applied for PR renewal ( REQUESTED for URGENT PROCESS)

Aug 23, 2013 they have started our pr renewal

today On Aug 28, 2013 when i checked my status :

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 23, 2013.

2.We started processing your application on August 23, 2013.

3.Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on August 26, 2013, and will be issued shortly. Although the majority of permanent resident cards are mailed directly to applicants, it is possible that a card be sent to a CIC office as part of the quality assurance program. If this is your case, you will receive a notice asking you to pick up your card at the CIC office nearest you.

hope fully this will help every one.

my speacial thanks to LEON and other who have posted their experience this forum is really help full.

and one thing is most important when sending the documents make sure its in order and you have completed 730 + days in last five years ( even your pr expired thats okay just make you complete 730+ days in canada and keep the copy of your evey move in the country as a proof ) 99.99% will have positive reply from CIC.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajoshi, what are the documents which need to be produced to prove residency in Canada apart from stampings in the passport..

capsfred

Sep 27, 2013
hushraj said:
Hi Aj

I am also planing to enter after a gap of three years, can you share your experience of dealing with immigration officer, as he/she would have calculated number of days you were in Canada and would have thought you will not meet residency obligation. Di you have any problem during your first entry after three years or second time when you left for 12 days, Thanks
same concern as I have...any reply form Aj?

frazme

Sep 10, 2013
Hi Ajoshi

I wanted to check how long it took for your to get your PC card once its showed the status as approved. Did you recieve it in mail or had to visit the office to pickup. If you had to visit, what documents did you take along with you and what are the questions were you asked.

I also applied for PR renewal, normal process on 27th may and on 25th Sep its showing approved status with similar message as yours. So like to know what would be next and how long it will take.

regards,
Fraz

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yahoo7 said:
ajoshi, what are the documents which need to be produced to prove residency in Canada apart from stampings in the passport..
PR Card renewal form has the required documents to be submitted including Notice of Assessments (you should be filing taxes) from Canada Revenue and relevant ID.

ajoshi

Jan 19, 2006
hello all,

first of all sorry for the delayed reply i was away ::
once pr was approved i had pr in 3 days. my application was approved on aug 26, 2013 i had my new card on aug 28, 2013.

regards to experience with CBSA. only once officer ask me so many questions and part of that because my son is US citizen so when we were visiting to the us and when we came back to canada they had a question that how long we were staying in canada. other than that we never had any problem.

regads to the documents:;
submit as many as documets you have that can prove that you were in canada
most important your notice of assesment from CRA, if your are employed than your employment letter with pay stub
copy of of your passport current and expired if its not more than 5 years ::
bank statments will show income and expense
any bills

hushraj

Sep 7, 2013
Thanks Aj

Can you share which airport did you land when you were not meeting Residency obligations? I am wondering if it makes any difference where you land, in terms of how strict they are?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anecdotal evidence is that land borders are 'softer' than airports but it depends more on the BSO on the day and if they decide to thoroughly examine you. It really is a game of cat and mouse with RO breaching PRs trying to get past the BSO gatekeepers! I think it would really help the forum if one of the PRs doing this started a thread titled '"Why I I'm risking my PR" and giving say 5 reasons why.

manou67

Oct 23, 2013
RP Status while entering Canada

Hello,

Thank you Leon and Msafari for all the advices and help you have been giving.
I want you to advise me about my situation.
I am PR of Canada since 24 August 2010. I have stayed till 17th September and went back to my country (25 days)
I came back on 4th February and stayed for 1 week (8 days).
I am travelling back to Montreal on Nov 8th. I bought a round trip ticket.
I recognize that I didn' t fulfil the residence obligation of 730 days but still hold a valid PR card which expires on October 2015.
Would I have any problem when entering the airport? Would the immigration officer reports me or denies me to enter?
I have been paying my taxes for the past 2 years and couldn't go back; due to the illness of mother (Parkinson disease at the last stage) and also my mother in law got breast cancer, went through surgery and got a breast ablation, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Also, last April my young sister in law passed away. All this have prevented me to go back early.
Your advice is much valuable for me to take decision whether my family (wife and 3 children) will join me at the beginning of December.
Thanks in advance.
Regards