AOR Received.
19-10-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2016
Guys just wanted to share my experience while landing at Rainbow bridge. ( FSW applicant )

1. Many might say that funds are not required while landing if you have a job in Canada----False..

They do check the funds you have claimed and they want the latest bank statement. They dont necessarily ask for funds in all borders or while landing in some cases, but in my case i wasn't prepared with a bank statement. Thankfully my funds were still in my account and i showed it on the phone app.

2. Kindly note that if your funds are in phone....be sure your credit cards are cleared cause that has caused rejection in many cases cause they minus those funds from the funds in Debit/Savings.

Reactions: MAAN18

Raf_Fareen

Apr 12, 2016
I am flying in less than 10 days and I wanted to

Carry a total of $13,000 in the form of $1000 and remainder in Sterling. This is because, if they ask me for cash in hand, I just show them that I have the minimum stated amount which is around $12,XXX. I am also thinking of getting a 3 or 6 months bank statement (before or after withdrawing the $13,000) to show them remainder of my savings.

I do have a debit card and a credit card and all the sources of the money (salary slips, etc).

Is travel/health insurance mandatory? I don't know for how long should I get the travel insurance. I read a post from 2010 saying that it takes almost 3 months to get health insurance in Toronto, and I wonder if that is valid to this date (2016)? How long of health insurance do you recommend, a month or 2 or more?

What about PR card? Do we have to fill out a form and is sorted during the immigration or there is more to it?

How long do you think it takes to open a bank account (by the time you have your card)?

Also, did you have to stay in a hotel/hostel/accomodation or was it arranged by family/friends? If hotel/accomodation, what is your recommendation?

Thank you for your sharing your experience.

Raf.