Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick28 said:
Everyone chose WES because it was quite popular and had an easy process. Also, it is an international organization and many people had previous experience of using it while applying in USA. They also had option to check the status online, which I read somewhere IQAS did not have before. So the obvious choice for people was WES. But now, they are taking a lot of time for ECA. Its better to explore the alternate organizations as they have changed their process to make it simple and quicker.
Maverick28 has a point, perhaps WES is the way to go if you plan on using your ECA for applications to other countries (now or in the future). On the other hand, IQAS seems limited to canada, it's an Alberta government service.

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lilix said:
My advice to anyone needing ECA done is doing it with IQAS. They only take 10 business days after receiving all documents. ;)
Lilix I'm not sure where you got that from, IQAS website says 15 business days (3 weeks)

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
gailmargolis said:
Lilix I'm not sure where you got that from, IQAS website says 15 business days (3 weeks)
It is still better than 20 Business Days of WES which actually starts once your status is updated to "Evaluation in Progress". Which usually takes another 10-15 days after they receive your documents.

One of my friend has applied for ECA through WES in December 2016, and still has not got his ECA done yet. The status is still showing Evaluation in Progress. The customer service is pathetic.

mmf.can

Mar 26, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Hello experts, i have studied bechelor of Engineering 4 years and after that i have studied m.b.a marketing 2 years. I am going to apply for WES ECA. What will be the wes reports? They will count my all education is equivalent to canadian Master or not?

Expert advice please...

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
mmf.can said:
Hello experts, i have studied bechelor of Engineering 4 years and after that i have studied m.b.a marketing 2 years. I am going to apply for WES ECA. What will be the wes reports? They will count my all education is equivalent to canadian Master or not?

Expert advice please...
Depend on your university etc. Anyhow you can do a free evaluation on the WES website to check what the report might say

mmf.can

Mar 26, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
elzsb said:
Depend on your university etc. Anyhow you can do a free evaluation on the WES website to check what the report might say
As i check on wes website, my m.b.a degree is equivalent to canadian m.b.a. I have studied in india. So can i assume that it will be same in ECA reports?

shrinivaskk

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Myself - MBA from UK (Sent directly from University)
Spouse - BCA from India (Got sealed envelope from University and sent with application)

Sent the documents on 16th Feb for both myself and spouse.

Order Date - 16th Feb
Documents received (as per FedEx) - 20th Feb
Changed status to Documents Received - 27th Feb (After repeated emails)

For my MBA from UK
Changed to Evaluation in Progress - 03rd March
ECA received online - 14th March

For my spouse BCA from India
Changed to Evaluation in Progress - 03rd March
ECA - Not yet received

Have been constantly sending them reminders through support page.

Have tweeted them and also sent the DM to their twitter handle (which happens to be the most efficient among others). But again, very generic responses.

Hoping to wait this week and see how things move.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
mmf.can said:
As i check on wes website, my m.b.a degree is equivalent to canadian m.b.a. I have studied in india. So can i assume that it will be same in ECA reports?
Most probably it will be same. No one can tell you for sure unless and until you get your ECA report.

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
Dear all,

Try to contact WES through their twitter account at least they are responding to all Direct messages send to them.

myself experienced their reply back after tweeting them, mine all documents reached WES on 13th March & for a week status was showing as "documents received - review in progress" later on they changed the status evalaution in progress...also replied me back the approximate end of mine evaluation too...

Hope this helps anyone on this forum. Happy to help if any doubts @ anytime.

James...

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys got my ECA done finally this is my timeline
Documents send 1st week of Feb, Documents received 28th Feb, 'Evaluation in progress' since 8th Feb, ECA : 27 March 2017

rupinder2k17

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Patiala, Punjab
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
Doc's Request.
18-07-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2017
mmf.can said:

Expert advice please...
I am sure you would get ECA equivalent to Canadian Masters Degree, as long as your masters is not from sikkim manipal.

kimokamel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Finally got my ECA report by WES

Document Received-15 February 2017

Status changed to evaluation in progress- 15 March 2017

Report done- 28 March 2017

rockk

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
Hello there ,

I am stuck in applying for WES. In which category i have to apply?
I did bachlors of engg in india.what are the fees for that?i am on work permit
Right now.

Thanks