Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Hello,

I know they are buried throughout various threads, but just to help out, I was wondering if anyone would like to share the letters they have sent to their MPs to inquire regarding the extreme delays in processing time. Remove personal info of course.

It might help others to use it as a template for their own inquiries.

Thanks to anyone who wishes to share! :)

Things are speeding up! I truly believe that. It may have only started out as a few days a week, but that is just the wheels of a big machine starting to turn. I believe we will see things moving soon! Fingers crossed anyways. And best wishes to all.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
This is the email I sent to my MP back in May when the waiting time was 10 months then. It might not apply for the current situation but hope this helps.

Dear Ms. xxxxxxx,

I am a proud, law-abiding, tax-paying Canadian since 1992. I am writing this letter to you regarding the long processing time for Inland Spousal Sponsorship and Permanent Residency.

I hope you know that it currently takes about 18 months for the spouse of a Canadian to become a permanent resident. The first stage (sponsorship approval) takes 10 months, which means 10 months without job and no healthcare coverage for the spouse.

It's now been 9 months and 7 days since we applied for Inland Sponsorship and Permanent Residency. I understand that there are lots of applications in queue and there are always limited number of officers who are working on the applications, so we need to be patient with this process.
However, these are what I don't understand:

1. why let the husband/wife (person who's being sponsored) spend the whole time without job and no health coverage?
2. why are we left in the dark during the whole process without knowing what's going on? call center is available, but they have no idea on the details either
3. who approved to transfer all applications from CPC-Mississauga to CPC-Vegreville in the middle of the year without any notice to applicants and why did the processing time increased from 7 months to 10 months
4. why is there only 2 days worth of applications being processed at CPC-M since the applications have been transferred 3 months ago?
5. how come the courtesy is different for inland spouse sponsorship? The spouses of temporary foreign workers, students, skilled workers and other classes of immigrants are granted to work permits with processing time as short as a few month.

I had to quit my permanent job in Toronto and moved temporarily to BC with my wife to take a high paying contract job because I am the only source of income for my family. My wife is sitting at home, not being able to do anything, feeling insecure and useless during this whole time. I got married at age 40 and I would like to have kids as soon as possible, but that is also on hold because it will cost a fortune for my wife to go to hospital. My father-in-law got sick few days ago and he's in hospital now, but my wife can't travel back to visit him because there is no guarantee that the custom would let her back in to Canada.

I strongly believe that the best solution for this is either to make the inland processing time as fast as outland processing time, or to issue open work permit at the time when CIC received and acknowledged that the application is being processed.

I hope you can represent myself as your constituent and the hundreds of other Canadians and their families affected by these unexpected and unwarranted delays and make the process more efficient so that the spouses can be proud to become a Canadian and contribute to the society.

Thank you very much for reading this long letter.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Thanks Johnny! :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I hope they don't mind me sharing but I found this well written letter also:

AchankengCrawford said:
This is the email I just sent to my MP. I could have written so much more, but I want him to actually read it (or someone in his office at least.)

"I am writing you today as a citizen of Canada and a resident of downtown Edmonton who is sponsoring my husband for Canadian Immigration under the Inland Spousal Sponsorship program.

When we committed to applying for residency for my husband, the wait time for first stage approval (and the following work permit that is granted as well as access to Alberta Health Care - most external insurance agencies will not cover someone who has been outside of their country for a year) was 6 months (with an additional 8 month wait for residency to be granted). By the time we had applied, the wait period was listed as 8 months. Unfortunately, as the CIC workers began their strike around this time last year, wait times increased to 11 months as our application sat in waiting. In January of this year (after another delay in processing applications due to prioritization of applicants affected by the typhoons in the Philippines), things started looking up and the immigration office in Vegreville started powering through applications, granting work permits to spouses of Canadians and Permanent Residents to three months worth of applicants in one month. The processing time went back down to 8 months. It has been 9 months to the day since we submitted our application.

Unfortunately, in February all applications came to a grinding halt as CIC made the decision, amidst promises that this would decrease wait times, to transfer our files and all unstarted inland sponsorship applications to Mississauga. Since this move, there has been little to no movement with applications. Processing times have increased to 10 months.

I am grateful that my husband can legally stay here with me in Canada whilst his application is being processed. That being said, spouses of temporary foreign workers, students, skilled workers, and other classes of immigrants are granted work permits with processing times as short as a few months. Why is it that this same courtesy is not granted to citizens? Our spouses should be granted work permits when CIC receives our completed application; not when our stage 1 is processed. If residency is not granted or if a relationship is deemed to be fraudulent, simply revoke the work permit. With a work permit, my husband could be a productive member of the community in Canada. He could be contributing to the economy and to growth in Canada. As it stands right now, he is a burden to the taxpayers - as a single income household with myself as the breadwinner, and my husband dependant on me our tax filings reflected this. As a degree holder, working in a well paid job in my field, I should be contributing to the tax pool; however, with the struggles of supporting our household on one income and filing joint taxes (as my husband is considered a resident for tax purposes), I am not doing my share as a Canadian and my husband is not doing his share as someone who lives in our country. This is not because we do not want to, but rather because we are not allowed to due to an unjust immigration process.

I am not asking for special treatment. I hope that whoever processes our application looks into it with rigour and in 100% confident that we are in a genuine relationship and that my husband will be a credit to the Canadian culture. I am simply requesting that spouses of Citizens and PRs be afforded the same opportunities as spouses of people applying for immigration and under other immigration classes. The move to Mississauga has slowed the process down and left many families in limbo, unable to travel (to see my sick father-in-law, in our case), unable to contribute to the economy and work, and unable to contribute to their families. Having the posted processing time continue to increase is heartbreaking, when we have been waiting for this since August 2013.

I hope you can represent myself as your constituent and the hundreds of other Canadians and their families affected by these unexpected and unwarranted delays.

Thank you."

sjcec01

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the share....

will mp enquiry delay the visa process?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
sjcec01 said:
thanks for the share....

will mp enquiry delay the visa process?
There is no reason it should delay it.

In some cases it seems ppl have found their file already has AIP, although the official letter had not yet been sent out.

At the very least, if they get multiple inquiries from MPs it shows that there are many of us coming together, speaking out against the wait.

sjcec01

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for your reply...

ACS said:
There is no reason it should delay it.

In some cases it seems ppl have found their file already has AIP, although the official letter had not yet been sent out.

At the very least, if they get multiple inquiries from MPs it shows that there are many of us coming together, speaking out against the wait.

sjcec01

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my case is outland, will the mp be able to contact embassy visa office also? or just cic?

how much time does it take to get a reply for such an enquiry?

Newb02

Sep 15, 2020
Does it actually help by sending a letter to the MP? Kindly share your experience it will be helpful as i am planning to send one

Reactions: kanchi patel