+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

share your experience spelling mistake in SUR name in CORP.seniors plz help

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the other option for you.....but the decision is yours.

Do you have evidence that the VO asked you to use the wrongly spelled name? If you have, take it with you and tell the IO at POE that you were granted permission earlier by VO so you believed that to be ok. But do insist on the correction for your PR card.

I know of a case wherein the IO at POE had made a mistake regd the arrival date of the applicant, which went undetected. The applicant was told to apply for rectification of the same and wait approx 14 weeks. I would imagine correction on COPR papers also might take considerable time; how much exactly, I am not aware.

Mitali

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
This is the other option for you.....but the decision is yours.

Do you have evidence that the VO asked you to use the wrongly spelled name? If you have, take it with you and tell the IO at POE that you were granted permission earlier by VO so you believed that to be ok. But do insist on the correction for your PR card.

I know of a case wherein the IO at POE had made a mistake regd the arrival date of the applicant, which went undetected. The applicant was told to apply for rectification of the same and wait approx 14 weeks. I would imagine correction on COPR papers also might take considerable time; how much exactly, I am not aware.

Mitali
Dear Sister I got two emails from two forum members with a scanned copy of VO letter which I am pasting here to read and be informed of the requirment by CIC:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

If an error appears in the name, date of birth, passport number and/or citizenship on the permanent resident visa and COPR, these should be returned to our office to make the

relevant changes. Other mistakes, such as height or eye colour, may be changed by the officer at the port of entry when you enter Canada.

Please note however that whenever possible we like to use the number which appears on the pages of the passport. Sometimes this is the booklet number. If this appears to be the

case, rest assured that it has been done correctly and will not present you with any problems at the port of entry.

Also, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms have limited space and the applicant's name can be curtailed. When the officer at the port of entry verifies your details in our

electronic records, all names will be shown in full.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused
."

MOK

May 28, 2012
Hi Kanamen,

Kindly confirm if you are aware of the maximum number of letters that can come in the limited space on the COPR.

As they have missed one letter at the end of my name in the COPR. But the name appears fine in the visa. Do you think I should try to get it changed.

Moreover, where should I contact in order to ask the same questions from the Canadian authorities.

Many Thanks,

Kanamen said:
Dear Sister I got two emails from two forum members with a scanned copy of VO letter which I am pasting here to read and be informed of the requirment by CIC:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

If an error appears in the name, date of birth, passport number and/or citizenship on the permanent resident visa and COPR, these should be returned to our office to make the

relevant changes. Other mistakes, such as height or eye colour, may be changed by the officer at the port of entry when you enter Canada.

Please note however that whenever possible we like to use the number which appears on the pages of the passport. Sometimes this is the booklet number. If this appears to be the

case, rest assured that it has been done correctly and will not present you with any problems at the port of entry.

Also, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms have limited space and the applicant's name can be curtailed. When the officer at the port of entry verifies your details in our

electronic records, all names will be shown in full.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused
."