+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share your experience about TB doubt at IOM pakistan

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please share your experience about when they said they have noticed a scar on lungs XRAY. What further tests were carried out and what was the outcome. thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

nehamerchant said:
Please share your experience about when they said they have noticed a scar on lungs XRAY. What further tests were carried out and what was the outcome. thanks
1. Your medical is furthered, you do a sputum culture test (6-8 weeks) for results, then another x-ray.

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@PMM thanks for your input, so they compare the two x rays to observe the changes or progression of disease (god forbid if any present), so this means delay of three months, even when there are no other sign or symptoms present.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nehamerchant said:
@ PMM thanks for your input, so they compare the two x rays to observe the changes or progression of disease (god forbid if any present), so this means delay of three months, even when there are no other sign or symptoms present.
1. Yes, about 2 months delay, they are more interested in the Sputum culture to determine if TB is present, that it is inactive.

gcmsnotespuzzle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
Doc's Request.
01-07-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
02-24-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
PMM said:
Hi

1. Yes, about 2 months delay, they are more interested in the Sputum culture to determine if TB is present, that it is inactive.
Hi, My wife went through medical last week and she was called back three days later that she has to do Sputum Smear test on three consecutive days. She does not have any symptoms at all. I have read somewhere on this forum that even if the Smear test is negative, she will still have to wait 90 days before she gets another x-ray and make sure she is clear. Is this correct? Does it mean that once someone is asked to go through a smear test, medical will take at least 90 days even if the test is negative? Any ideas what happens if the test is positive.
Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gcmsnotespuzzle said:
Hi, My wife went through medical last week and she was called back three days later that she has to do Sputum Smear test on three consecutive days. She does not have any symptoms at all. I have read somewhere on this forum that even if the Smear test is negative, she will still have to wait 90 days before she gets another x-ray and make sure she is clear. Is this correct? Does it mean that once someone is asked to go through a smear test, medical will take at least 90 days even if the test is negative? Any ideas what happens if the test is positive.
Thanks.
1 6-8 weeks for the smears to be cultured, then another x ray.

Saajye

Star Member
Dec 18, 2016
Applied for student visa and got my medical request. The IOM told me to give smear sputum test . They said culture isn't needed as there is minimum scarring or spot on my chest x ray. The results came out negative and they submitted the results. I went to them again to ask why did they not culture the sputum. They said it wasn't needed. I'm confused . Doesn't the whole process of testing Tb require culture and repeated xray Aswell . It's been 20 days since they submitted my medical to Cic

Ahmahm

Jul 1, 2021
Today my husband went for medical test they told him he has to do smer test and after 90 days come for another x-ray why did they say all this and what happens next and what do we email ircc or IOM will email themselves please help we are very worried

Ahmahm

Jul 1, 2021
Hi

1 6-8 weeks for the smears to be cultured, then another x ray.
They also told us to give smears test and after 90 days come for x-ray but what will happen after that and do we have to email IRCC and tell them

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Today my husband went for medical test they told him he has to do smer test and after 90 days come for another x-ray why did they say all this and what happens next and what do we email ircc or IOM will email themselves please help we are very worried
This is very common and is the only way to really test for TB infection. Fairly standard for many countries so your husband is not alone in having to meet this requirement,