+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shall I provide proof of relationship or not required ??? Please help...dont ignore !!!!!!!!!!!!

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015

Hi seniors,

If i have received nomination from one province, do I still need to show the PRoof of relationship as My brother is in other province. Can I still show his proof as citizen to get extra CRS points ? or because I have provincial nomination I dont need to show his proof ??????????? and Can that create any confusion in Officers mind ?????????

Please reply, as I am preparing docs for eAPR ! Thank you !!!!!

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
1) Getting PNP will put you above the threshold for the draw, so you don't need those extra CRS points.
2) You don't have to claim points for your brother if you don't want to. You will still include him as your brother, but not claiming any points for him being in Canada.
3) No one would get confused about anything. You are applying for PR in X province, got PNP for province X, and you have a brother who is a Canadian citizen in province Y. Because your brother lives in province Y doesn't mean you need to apply in that province...

Reactions: hirak24

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
1) Getting PNP will put you above the threshold for the draw, so you don't need those extra CRS points.
2) You don't have to claim points for your brother if you don't want to. You will still include him as your brother, but not claiming any points for him being in Canada.
3) No one would get confused about anything. You are applying for PR in X province, got PNP for province X, and you have a brother who is a Canadian citizen in province Y. Because your brother lives in province Y doesn't mean you need to apply in that province...

Thanks a ton !!! I cant appreciate enough !!!