+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settler’s effects list- List of Goods accompanying to Canada

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am getting ready to fly to Canada. To complete the landing process, we need to supply two copies of a list (preferably typed) of all the goods we plan to bring into Canada as:

• show each item’s value, make, model and serial number (if it has one)
  • be divided into two sections:
    • the goods you’re bringing with you
    • items that are arriving later and their money value
For this we can use BSF186, Personal Effects Accounting Documents form.

My question how to group items?

If anyone of you has any sample or template then kindly share it for guidance.

Can I group all the clothing items does not matter what they are in clothes group or i have to group them separately like pullovers, jeans etc?

most of the items are pre-owned apart from few toiletry items. and they don't have any serial number etc. so how to group them?

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I created like - bag of men's/kids clothes etc

High valued items are categorized separately like Laptop, Ipads , phones etc with serial #

Don't worry about toiletries ...just mention one point as bag of toiletry

Reactions: amar_gill

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017

High valued items are categorized separately like Laptop, Ipads , phones etc with serial #

Okays.....thank you for your response....

one thing more i mentioned amount of Pof in my file as 12500 but my account had 13000 at that time as per the currency rate so in LOE i mentioned approx 13000Cad.
So now should i take 12500 or complee 13000 as now the same amount equals to 12600 something.

And to get travellers cheque i need to deposit some more amount in my account as the bank exchange rate is bit more than market rate ( i guess they add their duties etc to it) that will reflect in statement can it cause any issue at Landing time

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can take whatever you want but declare it. i guess limit is $ 10k but make sure you tell them.
They rarely ask for POF at the port unless they have any suspicion.......its better to be prepared , so i guess you are doing the right thing by taking cash

Stop worrying on100$ difference.. I understand you have been through this tough journey but its almost over :)
We are in habit of over analyzing every thing...Don't worry and good luck

Reactions: amar_gill

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
You can take whatever you want but declare it. i guess limit is $ 10k but make sure you tell them.
They rarely ask for POF at the port unless they have any suspicion.......its better to be prepared , so i guess you are doing the right thing by taking cash

Stop worrying on100$ difference.. I understand you have been through this tough journey but its almost over :)
We are in habit of over analyzing every thing...Don't worry and good luck
Thank you so much for your guidance and encouragement. I guess yes i am just over thinking... thank you:):)

plf0526

Jun 2, 2018

Hi,

So it's ok to group them and not itemize every single item? Worried as read in some threads that it's necessary to create an Excel sheet listing every item, its value, with photographs.

Thank you in advance!