+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Serving as Director in pvt. ltd.

ISM_14

Jan 27, 2018
I have read a few entries on this subject but nothing quite definitive. So I figured I'd ask a more direct question.

If you have served as a Director in a (small) Private Limited Company. You're technically an employee. Since you are an employee, you present yourself as the same.

However, you are also the highest authority in the company so what additional documents should you submit along with the experience letter by the other Director.

Govt issued documents?
Company auditor verification?
Customer invoices?

Not sure what all to include in the LOE. I don't want to over populate it.

Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I have read a few entries on this subject but nothing quite definitive. So I figured I'd ask a more direct question.

If you have served as a Director in a (small) Private Limited Company. You're technically an employee. Since you are an employee, you present yourself as the same.

However, you are also the highest authority in the company so what additional documents should you submit along with the experience letter by the other Director.

Govt issued documents?
Company auditor verification?
Customer invoices?

Not sure what all to include in the LOE. I don't want to over populate it.

Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks!
Did you shortlist your NOC?

try searching for one at following
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/SearchIndex.aspx?ver=

ISM_14

Jan 27, 2018
Yes of course! I've already mentioned the NOC 0014. I have been drawing an annual salary and also have the F16 etc.
Just need to know what else I should upload.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Yes of course! I've already mentioned the NOC 0014. I have been drawing an annual salary and also have the F16 etc.
Just need to know what else I should upload.
Documents required are:
1. Reference letter from on your company letterhead.
2. Recent 3 salary slips.
3. Appointment letter
4. Income Tax Return documents.
5. Promotion letters (if you have)

If you are the owner of that company, then there are other set of documents required.
Are you?

ISM_14

Jan 27, 2018
It's a private limited company so there aren't any "owners" per se.

It has directors and shareholders and I'm both. I was the founding director so in a way it's a "owned" business but technically I'm an employee of the company. Not it's owner.

ISM_14

Jan 27, 2018
Needless to say i have many docs. that can be uploaded, like the following:

1. Certificate of incorporation
2. Articles and memorandum of association
3. GST certificate
4. ITR of company
5. CA audit reports
6. Invoices issued / received
7. Rental agreements
8. Personal F 16 and ITR

Just not sure how much to put in the file. Don't want to bombard the officer with too many documents.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Needless to say i have many docs. that can be uploaded, like the following:

1. Certificate of incorporation
2. Articles and memorandum of association
3. GST certificate
4. ITR of company
5. CA audit reports
6. Invoices issued / received
7. Rental agreements
8. Personal F 16 and ITR

Just not sure how much to put in the file. Don't want to bombard the officer with too many documents.
If the company is registered on your name, then you will have to share above mentioned documents, else those which i mentioned in my previous post, will be fine for your profile.

Azzy0044

Sep 29, 2019
Hi.. I am in a similar situation. Did you go ahead with your EE profile? I am comsidering to proceed as a salaried director of my company. Please share ur experience.

ISM_14

Jan 27, 2018
Hi.. I am in a similar situation. Did you go ahead with your EE profile? I am comsidering to proceed as a salaried director of my company. Please share ur experience.

Yeah go ahead. Everything went smoothly for me and I got the PR.

Sure yourself as the director if that's the case, submit all govt documents to validate that. Your CA can tell you what all that may constitute. The other director will need to prep your experience letter.

Azzy0044

Sep 29, 2019
Thanks a lot for your response. I am considering NOC 0013 as I perform all the duties mentioned there. I have never come across any other Director of a private limited company except you. So I shall be very much grateful if you could guide me further and advise me on the following:
1. I have only one year of experience of working with another organisation as Director of their overseas education department. After this I started my own pvt ltd company and I am its director since 2015. Did you have any prior exerience of working as senioe manager in a company before starting yours? Will not having much prior experience jeopardise my case?
2. I am considering to include the following:
- Cert of incorporation of the company
- invoices of the commissions my company receives from abroad
- agreements my company has with foreign entities
- overseas meetings where I have represented my company
- my salary account statement for the last three years
- work reference letter from my father who is tje second director of the company.
- company PAN card

I dont want to include company balance sheets or bank account statements since it is a small company.
Please share your thoughts on this. Please..

Azzy0044

Sep 29, 2019
Hi .. I am ready to submit my EE profile. I shall be grateful if you could guide me as per the info I just mentioned above. I know nobody with a similar profile.

lalitsharma1

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi .. I am ready to submit my EE profile. I shall be grateful if you could guide me as per the info I just mentioned above. I know nobody with a similar profile.
Hi,

I submited my application with SINP for same NOC this December. Did you receive any response on your application?

Azzy0044

Sep 29, 2019
Yeah go ahead. Everything went smoothly for me and I got the PR.

Sure yourself as the director if that's the case, submit all govt documents to validate that. Your CA can tell you what all that may constitute. The other director will need to prep your experience letter.
Hi
Did you include any other information to prove yiur job duties? I am asking this because Immigration might want evidences to support our duties considering the fact that the company belongs to the directors. Please do leave a response. I ll b grateful.

HeatherSmt

Jan 7, 2021
To tell the truth, it all depends on the goal you are pursuing. In principle, all of the listed above documents are sufficient to perform the required action. You are great for trying to figure everything out and keep your place. In fact, if you want to change your job because you are being discriminated against or threatened with director disqualification, don't despair. More than that, there are exceptional companies that are engaged to save you from an unchanging fate.